Fabia mk3

Hi Raph, welcome.

Is the rear passenger door actually staying open or just reporting as open?

Just thinking generally, if it is staying open then check the lock and catch for anything stuck in or on them that shouldn't be there.  Check child lock is fully on or off.  I'd a spray of GT85 (a penetrating/releasing fluid, lubricant, OK on electric contacts, PTFE, better than WD-40 Multi-Use) to lubricate the lock and child lock on that door and work in with a series of repeated locking and unlocking and shutting and opening (might as well spray the hinges at the same time).

GT85s.jpg.28e3d82cbf651f2c836c49068ee32f20.jpg

It of course could be other, like electric/computer connection or wires which might need visual inspections cleaning or repairs or plugging in an appropriate level scan tool to help diagnosis.

Is your car a Fabia Mk2 trim level 3 or a Fabia Mk3  (2015-2021), more information can help answer future questions you might have and you can include this information in your name plate, as with mine as an example. - 

nameplate.jpg.d15c2756803976ae3caa82c9676d27a5.jpg

Edited by nta16

Thanks for reply it's a Fabia. Monte Carlo 2019, the door closes and it's has been scanned even a new lock has been put on, but it's still giving an intermittent fault that the door is not closing I was wondering if this is a common fault.

Right, in that case it might be a software, mechanical or electric/computer, such is the joy of modern cars.  Intermittent is the pain of course but an interrogation with a high level scan tool might help especially if any history of fault is logged, otherwise it needs to be plugged in at time of fault but you shouldn't leave anything plugged into the diagnostics port for more than perhaps road tests.

I'll report your post to ask for the thread to be moved to the Fabia Mk3 section as this is the Mk2 section.

You can add Monte Carlo 2019 and other stuff to your nameplate if you want.

I'm not saying with this necessarily but generally keep your car battery from getting into a low state of charge as even if the car starts and the lights seem bright enough the battery can get too low to keep the computers happy and they can throw up all sorts of issues even before the warning messages and lights signifying the battery is low.

Sometimes just driving the car as you normally do is not enough to fully recharge the battery then an appropriate battery charger and maintainer is best used to fully recharge the car battery.  If the battery is low this can take some times but if you can't get it fully recharged in one go then at the next opportunity use the appropriate charger and maintainer again to fully charge the battery.

Remember the Owner's Manual is full of useful information and is best consulted even for what usually seem the simplest of driver's use and simple maintenance.  If you read it and refer to it then yo will know more about your model than many longer term owners and some at Dealerships and garages.  Skoda Owner's Manuals. - https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Models

Hopefully another 2019 owner will be along to tell you if it's a common problem, I've not seen it but that means nothing.

Good luck.