air con pump

i cant find anything on the site, could anyone tell me the part number and make for a replacement air conditioning compressor for my (63plate superb 2.0 tdi 4x4 170bhp 6speed dsg) ?

or a link to a site where i can find original part numbers please?

cheers kev!

just had a thought can they be reconditioned? and would that be a better way to go? that way it would still be the original part? 

if you can get them reconditioned any idea of cost?

cheers kev! 

• 1 month later...

Hi Kevgem - I have an issue on my Superb's air con pump (running out of true on the pulley as if bearing is on way out) and need either a replacement or it being reconditioned. I've been quoted £250 for a good quality new one but garage couldn't remember the make so I'll find out. There are ones available online for about £155 new but not sure of make or origin. Did you ever find any answers to your questions? Thanks, Phil

• 1 month later...

sorry for late reply i was just running the car as the pump was growling a little as if the bearings where on the way out but didn't affect the running of the car in anyway and with not using the a/c at the time just left it for a while. guess what we are now getting some hot weather and i have no a/c  lol so i need to get it sorted. is there a way of getting the original part number and make for the a/c pump without getting the pump taken off as the car would be stuck at the garage until i could get a new pump delivered ?

can anyone tell me if it is a good idea to get the original pump re conditioned and get that re fitted or find a new replacement ? i take it is probably not a good idea to get a second hand one as you wouldn't know how much life that pump would have and could let you down at any time? 

cheers kev! 

dose anyone know the part number and make for the (air con pump/compressor) on my 2013 superb 2.0 170bhp dsg 4x4 ?

thanks!

On my AC pump I could read the label on the side of the compressor.

First with a mirror on a stick and later on an neighbour came with an endoscope (which confirmed that a mirror works fine) 🙂

There seem to be a lot of different AC compressors installed within Skoda/VAG. But that also means that a lot of alternative brand of compressors will fit too.

My dealer said a new compressor would cost around a 1000 Euro's (and an extra 500+ for a washer, installation and filling), whereas the exact same make model was to be found for less than 500 via a quick Google.

Alternative brands with decent reputation like Mahle would be less than 300.

Good luck,

Loek

A Chinese manufactured one is around £100 from someone like Maxpeedingrods.