Tempted by a Fabia vRS

hi guys and girls.first things first just like to say hi.ive been reading the forums for awile now but this is my 1st post.i currently own a 2001 leon cupra with a few bits n bobs running about 230bhp (ish) and its getting expensive!tax just over

Hi Mate, I don't think you'll have much look in finding negative comments on this site about the fab vrs but nevertheless it all depends on the dealer.

Good luck on your purchase,its a fantastic car and is fun to drive in a "point and squirt" manner.

Mind you the Pd150 Leon is meant to be superb.It's also more expensive.It really is down to you at the end of the day but both will be a sensible choice and you would see hefty increases come mod/remap time.

Oh and the Fab is Group 9 Insurance.

Maybe that will influence your decision?

Few minor things to bear in mind though - will you 'like' the turbodiesel way of driving?

Insurance wise i actually pay more than that right now (but my car is tweaked a fair bit). If you have a mod friendly insurer I bet you can get below 100 quid a month quite easily even when you get the Furby remapped.

To get a car that handles well though count on springs/dampers/rear ARB

Then a remap to get it more 'fun'. Arch vent mod (cheap), PD160 intake + green filter. 312mm brakes probably not a bad plan either.

Beyond that the sky is the limit but I reckon the above gives a very good allround package IF you go down the modding route. As standard it's still good fun but your existing car would of course trash it.

MPG wise it's pretty hard to get very low mpg on a trip. My mpg seems lower than some indicate they get regularly but I still easily hit 35 mpg when I absolutely rag it but stick to the posted speed limit . I'd say 40-45 mpg is a reasonable expectation if you don't granny it but make progress regularly :)

hi bud i switched from astra coupe to furby vrs and have to say its the best thing i ever did, am hoping to get mine tweaked pretty soon but its a great motor and the insurance and road tax makes a massive difference on the old back pocket.

as for mpg i very rarely do long trips all my trips are like 10miles round if that as work 5 mins from home and regular 42 mpg driving normally but even if i boot it everywhere which i dont it has never returned less than 38 mpg.

i like the fr150 as well but thing that swung it for me is the fabia draws less attention and you dont have to worry about people wanting to nick it as most think a skoda thats deisel LOL they are wrong.

its really up to your pref but for the performance cost and peace of mind that its goona be where you left it i think the furby wins.:thumbup:

Hi mate, I switched from a 300 bhp Focur RS 3 months ago to a Clio Cup and now to a VRS. I have not regretted it yet!! :thumbup:

It has enough power to pull out and overtake like my FRS used to. Its built well and the ride is great. The suspension is a good balance between comfort and performance.

I have had my car for a week now and have loved every 330 miles I have done. I have fitted the wheel vent arch and the PD 160 + K&N airfilter (really cheap and effective mods). Really improves the engine and it pulls so much smoother. I am going for a Celtic Tuning re map. They quote 195bhp and 310lbs of torque for

Just to add to the positive comments on the vRS. I test drove one today for my first time and it was excellent. As much if not more pull than my dads Octavia 2.0TDI (probably because its considerably lighter) but the car still felt planted and controllable.

It has definately swayed my decision and hopefully on tuesday my sport will be changing to a vRS.

One thing I will strongly reccomend though is if you havn't already take one out for a spin. The Skoda dealers around here (somerset) barring a couple jumpy sales peoples are extremely friendly and see to try everything to get the best deal for you.

Hi my son and I bought a new (Black Magic) Furby vRS 6 weeks ago, with cruise control, ESP and leather seats. It is fabulous to drive and I don't find any stutter in the gears. I agree, the overtaking perfomance in 3rd/4th is awesome. Drive one and you will want it. Try to get a deal through Car Corporation over at Castle Donington. We got ours

Hi my son and I bought a new (Black Magic) Furby vRS 6 weeks ago, with cruise control, ESP and leather seats. It is fabulous to drive and I don't find any stutter in the gears. I agree, the overtaking perfomance in 3rd/4th is awesome. Drive one and you will want it. Try to get a deal through Car Corporation over at Castle Donington. We got ours

Just to add to the positive comments on the vRS. I test drove one today for my first time and it was excellent. As much if not more pull than my dads Octavia 2.0TDI (probably because its considerably lighter) but the car still felt planted and controllable.

It has definately swayed my decision and hopefully on tuesday my sport will be changing to a vRS.

One thing I will strongly reccomend though is if you havn't already take one out for a spin. The Skoda dealers around here (somerset) barring a couple jumpy sales peoples are extremely friendly and see to try everything to get the best deal for you.

Looking at your location .. I guess you went to Bridgwater :thumbup:

you will love the vRS had mine for a year now and still look

forward to getting behind the wheel . enjoy :D