Heated front seats.

• 6 months later...

Hi again.  So how would you go about doing that and to be able to use the 3 temperature settings?   I can't even figure out how to remove the facia area where the switches are positioned 😕 that's why I haven't done anything about so far.  Good luck with it and please keep me posted on your progress.   Regards D4KGP.

On 31/10/2023 at 11:35, superbdreams said:

you would just fit a switch in the live feed to the heater circuit under the seat, the heat level would still be controlled by the original switch but if the second switch was off the seat wouldn't heat.

Hi I've seen other comments on this subject (seats staying on when ignition off) stating that there is a control/connector in the pass floor well that can play up if it is subjected to water ingress.  I looked under the pass seat in mine yesterday and all that I could see was quite a large aluminium finned unit under a vented plastic cover, but it does not look like the small plastic connector I saw on parts sales sites.  Any idea what this unit is??   Help and advice would be gratefully received.  Regards  D4KGP.

sounds like the amplifier for the "sound system" fitted in the L&K versions and an option on ordering.

The connector you are seeking will not be visible by looking as it is under the carpet but as the only threads i have seen showing it were left hand drive cars I can not say if it is the same side on right hand vehicles or not.

Hi thanks for the info,  yes it may well be amplifier because I ordered an upgraded sound system when I bought the car.  Having looked again at the other threads it does state that the connector should be on the L/H side even in R/H drive,  also that you have to cut the carpet to find it (what a stupid place to put something that is affected by moisture) in the foot well !  Thanks again.  D4KGP.