Water from washer leaking into boot

I have water leaking into the boot when I use the rear washer any ideas as some of the water still finds it’s way onto the rear screen.

Just an update on this issue Skoda have charged £100 to identify this problem ad it's a broken pipe and now want to charge £240 to repair it so a total of £340! The car is still under warranty but they are refusing to say this is covered. It seems to me warranty's are really not worth the paper they are written on. The water was also going near the rear lights so there is also an issue with the electrics here.

The £100 diagnostic Inc VAT must have had the technician maybe taking 30 minutes to find the leaking pipe.

Maybe even put the rear hatch back together another 20 minutes.

I would love to know the price of the parts and the labour required to remove the trim again and fix / replace a pipe. 

Obviously 20% VAT in that £240.

Edited by toot

24 minutes ago, toot said:

@MATT1What age is the car and is this a Manufactures warrant / extended warranty or a Used car Warranty it has covering it?

SKODA_Warranty_Terms_November_2021 (1).pdf 462.9 kB · 0 downloads VWFS_11815379_SKODA_AUW_Booklet_0922E (1).pdf 9.53 MB · 0 downloads

The vehicle is a 67 plate and yes it is an official Skoda used 2 year warranty. The retailer told me the pipe had snapped. I spoke to Skoda CS who were less than helpful as usual and both are saying it’s not covered.

Edited by MATT1
  • Thanks 1

Pity they never just fixed it while looking at the break if they had the part required or just used a piece of pipe if they could,

but looks like they are milking it.  You are the Golden Goose.

They or the Warranty Provider can tell you in Writing which exclusion covers the part required & the breakage.

*They might have messed up and managed to not include something they can say not covered.*

Screenshot 2023-04-04 18.42.38.jpg

VWFS_11815379_SKODA_AUW_Booklet_0922E (1) (1).pdf

Edited by toot

That's exactly the document I showed them. That small piece at the bottom saying wear and tear means the gradual reduction in performance or component over time from normal usage pretty much excludes them from paying anything. I was told today that if this pipe had snapped on a new car it would not be covered and it was also mentioned that the washer fluid screen wash may have been to strong! I was about to extend the warranty but not now after this I won't give them a penny more. It's not specific to Skoda as I also own a Hyundai I30N from new which has a five year warranty but they also do not want to pay out on anything.

The Washer Fluid anti freeze would have been not strong enough.  Washer Fluid froze in pipe.

That Performance stuff is for the engine but they can try to have it cover anything.

The Rear Washer loss of Performance is because of a broken pipe though, then leaking washer fluid.

Maybe due to freezing in winter, maybe caused by you because the washer fluid strength was too weak for the coldest weather. 

But they are not saying that are they. 

?

Has the Dealership submitted a Warranty claim or is this just the Master Tech not supporting your claim.  They are your agent, they are not the Warranty Provider.

870001910_Screenshot2023-01-0913_33_56.webp

Edited by toot

On 04/04/2023 at 18:14, toot said:

The £100 diagnostic Inc VAT must have had the technician maybe taking 30 minutes to find the leaking pipe.

Maybe even put the rear hatch back together another 20 minutes.

I would love to know the price of the parts and the labour required to remove the trim again and fix / replace a pipe. 

Obviously 20% VAT in that £240.

I contacted Skoda Warranty concerning this and they confirmed to me the retailer is meant to question why the claim was denied they did not do this. When they input the part number it automatically assumed it was a hose and declined the repair. They have refunded all the money today and are investigating what happened.

I’m just wondering how many other people have been affected by this.

It’s always good to keep pushing and not take no for an answer.

• Like 1