ACC deactivated after retrofittng heated steering wheel

Just retrofitted a heated steering wheel using a Kufatec adapter and the instructions state the following if your car is equipped with ACC:

image.png.e3d12bdee558e0262e219e0157409f5c.png

I have moved the cable over from Pin 8 to Pin 11 and have reassembled the airbag to my car but there is still an error message saying the ACC is deactivated.

I have not yet done any coding to activate the heated steering menu yet but I assumed the car should work as normal before any coding?

Does anyone have any experience with retrofitting heated steering with the Kufatec adapter? 

Any help will be much appreciated.

• 8 months later...

I’ve never had to swap the airbag pins over and would assume this only applies to cars with ACC controls in the steering wheel, not the stalk.

My guess would be your adapter harness is possibly wired incorrectly, what fault codes are present when the acc is inop?

I worked out mine was the SIG wire in the wrong plug on the MFSW. I was switching from a 5 pin to 6 pin and the SIG had to be moved from 5-6

I’d double check the wiring on the Kufatec as the SIG (grey in mine) is what controlled the ACC and Travel assist buttons. 

maybe that helps?

• Like 1

I checked the wires on the adapter harness and they all match what was in this post:

Will need to check the fault codes when I get a chance.

@Mookistar when you say sig wire in the mfsw, which plug are you talking about? Any chance of pictures please?

• 1 month later...