Headlight Switch silver upgrade

maxychat

One thing that I'd prefer about the my Citigo is if black headlight switch knob were to match the silver heater control knobs.

I'm sure one off another Skoda would work but for ease of compatibility I just bought one from VW UP! being broken.  Only problem is that it illuminates red...  but using a screwdriver taking off the back plate is all that's needed and is easily swapped with the old one on the car currently.

[^This method also works a bit better than just using one straight from a donor car since VCDS notes the mileage discrepancy between the donor headlight switch an the rest of the car too]

IMG_0498.jpg.ca0bd088746f0a6c93c1347216e660f6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I did this mod to my daughters Citigo.  The metal part will actually just unclip if you pull out the knob to the foglight on position and use a small jewellers type screwdriver between the metal and plastic part. 

Ah OK great.  I did wonder if that was possible but I just couldn't figure it out!  I'll be doing anther one on an auto-lights switch [if I ever get that working] and will try it that way.  Looks really great on the car too, much nicer than the standard one.  Feels nicer too