What Discount Can I Expect From a Main Dealer?

nick348

In the market for the SE L in Meteor Grey and most likely, for the first time, to go down the PCP route. What sort of discount should I expect from a main dealer and any tips to get the best deal.....In anticipation!

The first thing I did was go and spec the exact car I wanted on Carwow and go from there. We then found two dealers that wanted our business and played them off against each other, saved about £4K on ‘list’ price 👍🏻

• Like 3

I’m a big fan of Carwow (and I’m not an employee!)

I’ve bought my last two Skodas via them and saved £2,000 on each occasion.

First time, they identified a dealer 90 miles away offering a better car at a cheaper price than my local dealer , so I was happy to drive (gingerly!) down the motorway to trade in my old Skoda for the new one and save a serious amount of money.

More recently, I shamed my local dealer into matching the much lower price offered by dealerships 60 and 80 miles away.

I’d thoroughly recommend using Carwow - even if it just ends up as a bargaining tool. It’s saved me a decent amount on two occasions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allaction2 said:

…even if it just ends up as a bargaining tool

I must admit that’s what I did, I would’ve been happy to complete the sale via Carwow but in the end one of the dealers reluctantly beat the other 😂

• Like 1

Having discounted the Karoq and opting for the Octavia I got a very competitive quote from Carfile which was matched by my local dealer. The only rub is likely lead time of 32 months plus!

2 minutes ago, nick348 said:

The only rub is likely lead time of 32 months plus!

That’s crazy! There’s no way I could be bothered to wait that long for a car.

1 hour ago, nick348 said:

Having discounted the Karoq and opting for the Octavia I got a very competitive quote from Carfile which was matched by my local dealer. The only rub is likely lead time of 32 months plus!

Surely not a viable lead time

1 hour ago, allaction2 said:

Does your dealer know the difference between weeks and months??!!!

That’s what I’m wondering, surely an almost 3 year lead time can’t be right.