Aftermarket Intercooler pipes

Hi all

This morning the bottom intercooler pipe came loose. Not the usual 90deg bend one (part #2) that failed but the metal connecting pipe (part #3).  The tabs on it snapped.

I suspect because I brought a reinforced 90deg bend pipe years ago, it now failed at the next weakest joint.

Does anyone know if I can get an aftermarket pipe to replace that whole 3-pipe section (part #2, #3, #4) from the intercooler to turbo? Don't mind an one piece hard metal pipe replacement, at least less points for it to leak. WOuld consider replace part #6, #7, #8 if not too expensive.

I had a look and ones I seen are either silione hoses or metal but designed for a specific, aftermarket intercooler for power gain. I like to retain the original one and just replace the pipe.

I am also considering using self tapping screws but want to explore all the options first.

image.thumb.png.59602537e181c9bd28c6bef8608b92b3.png

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

For anyone whos interested, see attached photo for broken Vs not broken.

I ended up wrapping a few loop of thick gauge wire round it to act as a latch stop. Not my prettiest fix and I'm sure I can have wire locked it better but car has been on the road for 2 weeks with no issue.

not broke.jpg

broke.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...