"Hand Gestures" function/feature

IanPerry316

I've seen a couple of mentions of this 'wonderful' idea from somebody (in design) wishing to make a name for themselves - the basic gist of the comments I've seen to date seems to be that the feature can be more of a hindrance than a help, by changing the infotainment's current mode/function etc.  I have to say I agree with this view, and am wondering whether anybody knows of a way to turn it off.

The touchscreen's sensitivity doesn't appear to be in need of any assistance from a waving hand - it seems to be sufficiently sensitive in its own right, and I for one would be delighted to switch the feature off if possible.

Any ideas ??

Can't speak for a Karoq with certainty, but I certainly found an OFF switch in my new Kodiaq.

Not a feature that's any use to me either.

Waving and shouting at the car was not on my spec list.

Dig in to your set up screens.

Most of the problems & queries I've attempted to address on my 6 month old Karoq have led to lots of searching in the printed manual'handbook (joke) and a lot of research on line in this & other forums etc.

Regret that I have to confess that the on/off nature of the "Hand Gestures" feature is buried in the settings function in the infotainment - I was probably having a bad day & didn't dig deep enough.

Problem now solved - thank you BoxerBoy - I'll now try to find a morning/afternoon or two to go through all the points in the car's settings screens & see if I can find anything else that has proved, hitherto, to be elusive.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same car I’m generally pleased with it except trying to understand the settings on anything, the handbook is next to useless as it seems to cover all models that have different functions 🤷🏻‍♂️. I was disappointed after researching for weeks that it is not possible to alter the headlights for driving on the right in europe 😡, now my radio is playing up and the ‘manual’ says ‘depending on your model’ how do I know what radio it is ?

4 hours ago, paco said:

I have the same car I’m generally pleased with it except trying to understand the settings on anything, the handbook is next to useless as it seems to cover all models that have different functions 🤷🏻‍♂️. I was disappointed after researching for weeks that it is not possible to alter the headlights for driving on the right in europe 😡, now my radio is playing up and the ‘manual’ says ‘depending on your model’ how do I know what radio it is ?

I've now had mine for just over 6 months; it had a hard act to follow in the form of my Yeti (11 yrs, 142K miles) but I'm very pleased with the way it handles & drives. 

But - as stated in other threads on this website & on various other forums I remain extremely disappointed with the level & standard of assistance & support that appears to be available from Skoda centrally, and the level of knowledge & training (or, more to the point the apparent lack of both) exhibited by the staff at the supplying dealer. The lack of a comprehensive (booklet) manual has been mentioned elsewhere, and the fact that it's no longer possible to download a .pdf version of the manual doesn't help.

Unfortunately I don't have any 9 yr old grandchildren to assist in working through the (fully computerised)  built-in "instructions" & while I have a fairly large degree of computer familiarity the current (apparent) modus operandi of 'dumping' the customer in the deep end does not IMO bode well for the future.

To paco I can only suggest "keep plugging away at the 'buttons' on the screen  - I have solved a few problems that way, but the question remains - Given the money we're asked to part with nowadays should we not have the right to expect a full backup & support service at dealer level ?

• Groan 1

On infotainment go into car, then settings, then should get long list.  You can go into each one and change them or turn them on and off (by touching the tick box).

I would suggest everyone scrolls down the list and looks at each one when first get the car, even if it takes 20 minutes (some categories even have multiple items, so got sub-lists to work through too).   Good chance some settings are not to your preference.   The other bonus of doing this is might not have even been aware that the item could be changed until you find it in the list.

I have a message keep appearing ‘’Data transfer is currently set to ‘use my position’. You can find out what this setting entails and how you can change it in the control centre”

I went into settings and thought I’d set up various options to clear this, but can’t now find them again. However, what I did get were email messages telling me that various services had been deactivated but these could be activated by going into the infotainment system. 
Appreciate I’ve only had the car a few weeks and these things need time, but there seems to be nothing straightforward 🤔

• Groan 1