RNS-510 Columbus head unit now boot looping after reset

Hi all

Basically I have fitted a rear view camera to my columbus RNS-510 on my mk2 Superb head unit and had to do a hard reset in order to get the camera to work. That worked and it does display the video camera on reverse however...

Now I have an issue where the head unit displays the skoda screen, then goes black and nothing happens. It then continues to restart, I have been told that I may need to do a software update? Also I think the maps have gone too as sometimes it asks me for a CD?

I hope someone has an answer and a massive thanks in advance!

Thanks,

Daniel

6 minutes ago, pab567 said:

I believe SW update / refresh issomething might help. Do you know what SW version you have now? If not, pls post here a picture of the lable located on the top housing.

Cheers mate, I will go find it. Is it something I can look in the settings on the unit without taking  the covers off for now? Sometimes it does allow me to go on the menu which is rather weird! so can check there if so

I have OBDeleven and wondered if i could do a software update through that too?

9 minutes ago, pab567 said:

Yes - press SETUP for couple of seconds and then System Information (assuming it is listed - in old SW versions it is not).

Nope, only from CD-R / DVD-R (CD-R recommended).

Thank you, i've logged in with OBD11 and found out its "3974". and hardware is H06

Please can you let me know where I might be able to download the latest software from? 

Many thanks for your support 

Also I saw another post where someone has updated via SD card? I have the slot in my head unit. Could I maybe do that as I currently don't have a CD drive in my laptop, or any CD's 

28 minutes ago, pab567 said:

It's NOT possible to update SW from SD. I will send you link via PM.

Do I burn it to the CD as an .Iso file? Then plug it straight into the radio? 

Thanks again for your support

20 hours ago, pab567 said:

You burn an image using ISO file. Pls use search, it has been described multiple times.

Thanks

I've put the CD in and now can't eject it 😞 THis is so frustrating

Tried disconnecting the battery etc, i can hear it spinning the disk but won't eject it.

On 20/04/2023 at 09:20, pab567 said:

TRy to get in touch with user @Rustynuts as I'm quite far away from you (Poland), I beleive he should be able to help you locally

I'm not sure if he's active so much anymore mate. He was last online last year 

The drive is still giving me an error

The disc is spinning up but it's like it's not connected to the radio 

It's all since I've installed and enabled the rear view camera and when I did the hard reset