Boot and dash squeaking and rattling!

Hello all. Il start with the dash. I have a very prominent rattle coming from the left hand side of my dash between 750-100 rpm. Most noticeable when starting from cold and rpm is sat at around 900. Also noticeable when you dip the clutch to change down and when coming to a stop. When the rpm is at idle it’s no longer noticeable once the car has warmed up. I cannot hear it at all from outside the car. It’s definitely coming from the dashboard, I’ve removed the cover and tightened any torx screws which are accessible but this has not helped.

has anyone had this and found a solution for it please ? 

now onto the boot😅 I’ve had this since day one since I picked up the car. When I’m driving it sounds like a budgie is trapped in the rear left of my car. Started off by removing everything I could from the boot spare wheel etc, didn’t cure it. My wedge buffers were pretty worn so put some new ones on, didn’t cure it. I’ve adjusted the plastic plates that the wedge buffers sit against, didn’t cure it. I’ve tried countless positions for the boot stoppers screwing them in and out at all different positions this helps to some extent. After shutting the boot I can drive for a while without a noise but after the boots been shut for a while it’ll come back, it’s almost like the boot is working it’s way loose. After adjusting these stoppers my boot will make an uncomfortably loud popping noise when pressing the release button to open it. The only other thing I can think of is to adjust the striker that the catch latches onto if that’s even possible ? 

It’s a long winded post but that’s the issues I’m having I’ve tried to explain it in as much detail as I can! All suggestions will be greatly appreciated as it’s very frustrating! 

Thanks! 

Ha, I've had the dreaded dash squeak/rattle from the nearside, which thankfully I managed to sort, and a squeak coming from the boot which I'm yet to tackle...

For the dash, I found buying a box of fibre washers from Screwfix and putting them between all the dash panels and screws finally stopped the issue.

28 minutes ago, chrisund123 said:

Ha, I've had the dreaded dash squeak/rattle from the nearside, which thankfully I managed to sort, and a squeak coming from the boot which I'm yet to tackle...

For the dash, I found buying a box of fibre washers from Screwfix and putting them between all the dash panels and screws finally stopped the issue.

Okay il try this Thank you. How far did you have to dig into the dash ? Did you remove glove box etc ? Or was it just the screws accessible by removing the side panel ? Also what size fibre washers please ? Thanks