Exterior lighting issue on my Skoda Octavia II

Mine is a Ambition 2.0 TDI MT. RHD if it helps. I'm having issues with the headlights and taillights on my car.

I was having these issues for a few weeks only with the turn signals, but that was only after the car had sat for a week or so. I attributed it to low voltage or something.

But now the lights have started to act up. The right hand main and high beams along with the fogs aren't working. On the left, the parking light on the top (eyebrow light) and the turn signal isn't working. On the rear, the left side brake lamp and reverse lamp don't work. On the right, its the reverse and turn signals and the night time running/parking lights (the lower two bulbs).

I can't attribute it to anything really. I'm about to check the fuses. But if a fuse had blown, all lights would have gone out right? And there aren't any relays on this generation as far as I know. Could it be the control unit? I don't have access to an OBD-2 scanner.

All other stuff is working perfectly. No other lights on the dash either. Help me out here y'all.

Update: I checked the fuses. The fuse for the right side lights appears to be overheating. It looks slightly melted. I fixed it back in place after checking it and everything seems to be back to normal. I think this isn't the root cause. The fuse still works albeit while overheating and I am going to replace it. Should it be overheating like that? Is there any other possible reason?

It'll be that fuse causing your issues and no it shouldn't be overheating. You need to clean up or replace the fuse contacts in the fuse box and put a new fuse in.

It's not an uncommon issue in afraid 😔

1 minute ago, langers2k said:

It'll be that fuse causing your issues and no it shouldn't be overheating. You need to clean up or replace the fuse contacts in the fuse box and put a new fuse in.

It's not an uncommon issue in afraid 😔

Ah so that's it? I was afraid that it might be something with the harness or the control unit itself. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Assuming it was the 30a F16 that's overheating, then yes that's likely the cause. Few examples:

Yes that's the one. Well that was simple. I'm going out and getting a 10 pack of these and storing them in the car for the future. Thanks for your help!