12v Front Socket - Permanently Live?

Modders

2 hours ago, Viffer800 said:

Do you need to tweak your dashcam settings?

My accessory socket (MY 22) is permanently live regardless of the ignition/lock status.

I enabled Parking Mode on my Nextbase dashcam in its settings and it goes to Standby after 5 mins.   If I bump the car with my arse it switches on and starts recording

ill check as i have a nextbase camera, thanks

22 hours ago, jOnNYtURboFiNGaz said:

ill check as i have a nextbase camera, thanks

From my 222x User Manual

Parking Mode
When Parking Mode has been turned on, the Dash Cam enters standby mode when the 12Vdc supply has been turned OFF (typically removing your ignition key). See page 6 for more details.
The Dash Cam will also enter standby mode if no physical movement is detected for 5 minutes.  
Should physical movement of the vehicle be detected, the Dash Cam will power on and start recording a 30 second protected video.
If no further physical movement is detected then the Dash Cam will return to standby mode, if physical movement is detected subsequently, then the
camera will continue to record normally, i.e. driving once more.
Options: On and Off
Default: Off

There are two sets of Settings.  I tap Menu once to get one and twice to get the other.   IIRC it's the second one for Parking Mode.  Yours may be the same.

Edited by Viffer800

15 minutes ago, jOnNYtURboFiNGaz said:

i tried parking mode but my car faces the road 😕 also i tried power saving mode and it still stays on forever so ive just unplugged it lol

Is it worth trying a factory reset and/or firmware update? 

On 06/03/2024 at 20:06, MrAdamwood said:

My 2020 SEL has the torch in the boot.

My 2020 SEL doesn't.

21 hours ago, Viffer800 said:

Is it worth trying a factory reset and/or firmware update? 

i went back through the settings and parking mode was off somehow so i put it back on and it seems to work when left at home, not sure about leaving it while out and about

58 minutes ago, jOnNYtURboFiNGaz said:

i went back through the settings and parking mode was off somehow so i put it back on and it seems to work when left at home, not sure about leaving it while out and about

Aren't you more likely to want it on when away from home? 

3 minutes ago, jOnNYtURboFiNGaz said:

all i wanted was the camera to turn off when i leave the car

What happens when you leave it for 5 mins after turning off the ignition and locking the car? 

21 hours ago, Viffer800 said:

What happens when you leave it for 5 mins after turning off the ignition and locking the car? 

it goes what looks like its off, the screen is black, not sure how long it takes but i parked up the other day for a bit ignition off and it went black, put the ignition back on for the music etc and it was still off

47 minutes ago, jOnNYtURboFiNGaz said:

it goes what looks like its off, the screen is black, not sure how long it takes but i parked up the other day for a bit ignition off and it went black, put the ignition back on for the music etc and it was still off

Screensaver?  You can make the screen stay off even if the device is on and recording.  An optional setting

56 minutes ago, jOnNYtURboFiNGaz said:

i havent chose a screensaver, plus there were no leds showing on the left like it does when its on and working

Just checking / ruling it out

1 hour ago, Viffer800 said:

Just checking / ruling it out

I never allow mine to switch off when in use. If I can see an image on the screen I know it is working. If the image times out, then I have no idea if the camera is recording.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Routemaster1461 said:

I never allow mine to switch off when in use. If I can see an image on the screen I know it is working. If the image times out, then I have no idea if the camera is recording.

Neither do I

• Like 1

i wanted it to turn off when im not in the car, at first it wasnt because of the permanent live, but since i put my camera in parking mode after about 5 mins when left at home or sat in the car with ignition off, it shuts down until i either unlock my car or open a door if ive been sitting