Rapid spaceback won't start

Hiya folks 

I was hoping for some advice, I had to be recovered yesterday as the car wouldn't start. The recovery man gave me a bump start down a hill and the car fired up fine and everything works. The battery is fine and was hooked to a jump pack when attempting to start.

Thinking the starter motor was shagged I've replaced that this morning but it still won't start. All the electrics on the car work fine when the ignition is on its just when you turn the key nothing happens 😞

The car is a Skoda rapid spaceback 2014 1.2 TSI. I was hoping someone might be able to suggest what is next to look at. The starter relay was my next thought but I don't know where that is.

Any help would be much appreciated!.

Ta 

No start stop

Manual gearbox

Battery is ok 

I've tried the spare key in case it was something to do with the immobiliser

OK, nice quick answers, my favourite type.

The starter solenoid appears to be driven directly from the ignition switch on your car, no relay involved.

Have you been able to check that there is no damage to the starter solenoid cable in the vicinity of its connection to the starter motor. It's a thin red/black, single wire?

Didn't notice any damage when replacing the starter motor earlier but will have another gander. Other people have mentioned a bad earth as well ? 

I'm no auto electrician but I can have a poke around 

Yes the main engine earth connection (big fat wire, probably black)  is often connected onto one of the two big fasteners that hold the starter motor in place. That cable needs to be present and not corroded at either end.

Cheers I'll make this my primary focus. I think I've spent 90 quid on a starter motor I probably didn't need if it turns out to be a wire hahah !