Future Hybrid Kodiaq

I read that they are launching hybrid versions of the Kodiaq at some point.

Does anyone have any idea around the engine types, plug in capacity etc? or is it just a case of looking at what Audi are offering at the mo and hoping it translates into the Skoda line-up?

1 hour ago, Rogerstone said:

Does anyone have any idea around the engine types, plug in capacity etc? or is it just a case of looking at what Audi are offering at the mo and hoping it translates into the Skoda line-up?

All the mainstream VW Group brands share the same parts bin so current Audi offerings are as good a guide as any.  ( that said, II'm sure Skoda offered the 1.5tsi before Audi - at least here in the UK anyway ).

And the direction things are going, the current Audi hybrid price list won't be that far off what Skoda will charge for it.  🤣 

Edited by kodiaqsportline

22 hours ago, Rogerstone said:

Clearly says choice will be petrol, diesel, plug-in hybrid and mild hybrid.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/skoda-world/first-taster-a-glimpse-of-the-superb-and-kodiaq/

The mild hybrid will presumably be a similar engine to the current 1.5 mhev, although yet to be seen if there will be a 2 litre version (might be too similar output to plug- in to justify it)

I suspect the plug in hybrid will have same power train as new generation Superb mark4, so basically an update of current superb iV unit.

Doesn't appear to be any self charging full hybrids

Fairly sure, VW group also announced few months ago cancelling further development of engines, sticking with existing euro 6d, as euro 7 to expensive to develop, so will simply phase out existing engines in affected countries when new rules apply.

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

Doesn't appear to be any self charging full hybrids

There definitely seems to be a divide between European manufacturers (VAG, BMW, Mercedes) preferring plug-in hybrids, and Toyota/Honda preferring self-charging ones. But there are a few (e.g. Kia, Renault) who seem to be doing both…

16 hours ago, toot said:

'Mild hybrid'  is what is called by some 'Self charging'

Disagree. A mild hybrid in 99.9% of cases cannot operate in a full electric mode unlike a self charging hybrid.

@Rogerstone in the annual press conference they confirmed both Superb and Kodiaq PHEV will have an electric-only range of over 62mi/100km but otherwise no technical details as of yet.

• Haha 1

@ZacDaMan72I have in the past weeks driven Renault e-Tech Capture (& a PHEV model) & Clio e-Tech 145 with 1.6 litre engines and a Suzuki s-Cross & Vitara looking at replacements for my BEV..

Mild Hybrids or self charging hybrids.

No point getting concerned over the terms as they get called 'Full hybrids' as well. 

Que sera sera, 

But Skoda will announce what ever when ever but it can only be what is available from the VW group and then they can use what ever terms or words.

It is an issue that VW have not got Full Fat Hybrids.  But then they spent billions going for Diesel Hybrids, even building factories to produce them in and then the truth came out about VW and diesel's. 

Screenshot 2023-05-14 06.04.06.jpg

A Briskoda member and another of his excellent vids.

Edited by toot
  • Groan 1

• 1 month later...

Details of new Kodiaq engines now released

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-kits/the-all-new-skoda-kodiaq-press-kit/

1.5 mild hybrid tsi 150hp

2.0 tsi  204hp with 4x4

2.0 diesel 150hp

2.0 diesel 193hp with 4x4

all these with 7speed DSG

also 1.5 Plug in hybrid 204hp (combined petrol and electric) 6speed DSG

all engines meet euro 6e standard

• Like 1

Can I have mine with that funky paint / colour scheme, please…? 😁

Alas, no mention of anything that would go in a vRS, so I guess it’s either a case of keeping that under wraps for the launch event, it launching later on, or it not existing at all.

Is there any idea on timescales? I'm due to renew me lease next July, I had my Kodiaq in for some warranty work last month and they said I should order now for next July?? I just wouldn't want to and end up missing a newer version / hybrid model. 

My guess would be a launch towards the end of this year / beginning of 2024, with production ramping up over the next few months and first deliveries around June/July (current models will probably be stock-only from around the time of the launch, if not we’ll before due to the current long lead times).

If you order now, you will order a current model. You won’t be able to place an order for a new model until the order books open after it is launched. It’s not like a model year change where you can end up with a slight variation in spec from what you ordered…

• Like 1

On 30/06/2023 at 17:26, Yogi-Bear said:

My guess would be a launch towards the end of this year / beginning of 2024, with production ramping up over the next few months and first deliveries around June/July (current models will probably be stock-only from around the time of the launch, if not we’ll before due to the current long lead times).

If you order now, you will order a current model. You won’t be able to place an order for a new model until the order books open after it is launched. It’s not like a model year change where you can end up with a slight variation in spec from what you ordered…

Thanks, Yeah I missed the facelift last time by a few months.. so might hold off and extend the lease for a few months if needed..