Clicking / knocking from steering

I bought a 66 plate Rapid Spaceback SE Tech last October with 6.5k miles and a full dealer service history. Everything was fine with it up until December last year when I started to get a feint click when turning the steering wheel side to side (at about 11 o'clock & 1 o'clock positions) which steadily got worse over the next couple of months. I got in touch with the garage I bought it from (who have been brilliant) and they tried a few things to solve it - greased the universal joints in the column, then replaced the lower column and universal joints and now they have replaced the complete column which seemed to sort it but having been out in the car yesterday & today ( it doesn't get a lot of use) i've noticed the feint clicking noise is back, albeit not all the time but definitely there every now and then but without any sort of pattern. 

If anyone has had the same issues or has any suggestions what it could be, I'm all ears 

Edited by geordiebloke
Spelling