Door seals needed badly

I've needed new door seals for some time now, not in a mad rush and not done much homework... Clearly.

Does anyone have recommended suppliers or can point me in right direction?

Dealership told me they were discontinued in 2018 and I'm not convinced on the seals i have saw on other websites. I'm not wanting trial and error of buying online, trying them out and returning them if they don't fit.

Recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks

The big chunky seal, no idea what it'll be called haha. The front two have splits in them so was just going to change them all. Rear doors do let water in at the bottom of the door. Well there's water sat on seals below door when open them not sure if it's coming from somewhere else and just sitting there.

The inner door seal I suspect is what you mean, the one the door closes onto? part number 6Y0867365C I think for the fronts, 'price on request' suggests difficult or impossible to still get from Skoda. Scrapyard may be better bet.

Rear door leaks are very unlikely to be anything to do with this seal, you have to go deeper into the door structure. Ample discussion here: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/2158-warning-fabia-door-leaks/

The only things you'll need to buy are some of the door card clips and a tube of Plumber's Gold.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2023 at 10:48, Breezy_Pete said:

The inner door seal I suspect is what you mean, the one the door closes onto? part number 6Y0867365C I think for the fronts, 'price on request' suggests difficult or impossible to still get from Skoda. Scrapyard may be better bet.

Rear door leaks are very unlikely to be anything to do with this seal, you have to go deeper into the door structure. Ample discussion here: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/2158-warning-fabia-door-leaks/

The only things you'll need to buy are some of the door card clips and a tube of Plumber's Gold.

When washing car, small trickles of water running down the rear windows (on the inside btw haha), pointed me towards the seal. Thanks anyways though!

Edited by geo_rae1

3 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Often just that the winder handle has got knocked and windows not fully shut.

Mine just does it anyway. I wouldn't worry too much unless the interior is like Sea Life inside. :D

It'll mostly be the door carrier seals leaking, as per the link I gave you on Wednesday last week. The water slips under the carpet in the rear footwells and soaks the sound insulation underneath.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, geo_rae1 said:

Would I be better off asking where the damp smells coming from then? Ha

Remove the door cards and seal the rear door carriers as suggested by Pete. They are notorious for leaking.

2 minutes ago, geo_rae1 said:

Would I be better off asking where the damp smells coming from then? Ha

If the rear doors are letting in water, then chances are they are needing sealed around the carriers. Mine had the work carried out under warranty in 2009 (for all four).

Check the seals for the boot vents too in where the spare wheel lies. Mine leaked in there too. I sometimes wonder if I bought a sieve, and not a car. :D

• Haha 1

Take some photos of the sealing that has been done if you have the door cards off; going a long way up the rear edges is more important than most people realise.

See image below for explanation. 

You don't have to remove the carriers to do a good job, it can go on with the thing still in place, just need to do a really good clean-up of the surfaces with isopropyl alcohol or similar to make sure the Plumber's gold has best chance of adhesion.

Mk1 Fabia rear door carrier sealing.png