Fabia mk 2 Central locking problem

Hello All, I have a 2010 Fabia Mk2 1.2 TSI  with a central locking problem. When I open the drivers door with the remote and get in to the car the courtesy  light goes out and the car locks itself.

It seems that the central locking does not recognize that the door as been opened and activates the security alarm as if I had not opened the door after unlocking. I tried opening the front passenger door and getting into the vehicle and everything was ok , the courtesy light went out after a while but this time the doors did not lock themselves. I checked the driver door wiring loom inside the rubber trunking on the hinge and found several wires with damaged insulation and decided to replace the entire loom with a new genuine Skoda part at a cost of £118.00 , sadly this did not cure the problem.

I have subsequently re-synchronized both keys and replaced the batteries, but still no joy. I would be very grateful for any advice  if anyone has had a similar problem.  

Hello Acoustic :hi:

With the passenger door working okay, it kind of points towards a localised issue.  It'd be worth checking diagnostics for fault codes, but I think my money would be on dry/cracked solder joints in the door lock control module.

Gaz

Not the same car, but gives you an idea:

There used to be a really good video on YT, by a chap called Taligentx (I think), but I can't lay my hands on it.

Thanks Gaz, Having looked at the video you attached I agree that the control module is well worth investigating. As explained in the video it seems to be a question of the car not knowing  that the drivers door as been opened, so automatically engages the alarm and locks the doors.  If I replaced the control module I am wondering  would my keys have to be reprogrammed  to synchronize with the new module or is the module just a mechanical device separate from the cars electrical system? any advice would be most welcome.    

6 hours ago, ACOUSTIC said:

is the module just a mechanical device separate from the cars electrical system? any advice would be most welcome.    

Yes, lock module is dumb, just a dc electric motor, a few microswitches and resistors. Key barrel is separate and unaffected.

Did you keep the old door loom after replacement, by any chance?

Hello and thanks Breezy_ Pete,  I was very concerned that replacing the lock module would turn out to be another job that required Main Dealer Software to complete the job. I wondered if you had any advice on replacing the lock module. My Haynes Manual suggests that work on the door lock requires a high level of competence, so I would appreciate any help or advice on  the subject. Regarding the old door loom, not only were the wires in the trunking badly damaged but the plastic end caps had hardened and the locating tags broke off on removal. Sadly its gone to meet its maker.