Mk2 Door handle mounting caliper and Door handle cap

History

At some point my UK spec left side front passenger door has been replaced with an identical red L4FK red, but I suspect it was sourced from a non Monte Carlo / car without colour coded handle 

s. 

I deduced this when My passenger door handle and amend cap came off in my hand and discovered the internal caliper mounting bracket had the rear end piece missing. I thought this was broken hence the handle coming off. I ordered a mounting bracket with same  part no

5N0 839 885 G,

The new one mirrored the broken one I took off. However after installing the handle mounting caliper, I fitted the door handle but the outer handle end door cap would not mount onto the internal mounting bracket ? it turns out that previous owner had doctored the old bracket; cutting off the rear piece so the original colour coded door handle cap would fit flush, but by doctoring it, the whole mechanism was weak. 

The part no for my colour coded handle end cap is

5N0 839 163 B. I need to know which caliper mounting bracket is compatible with this particular handle assembly ? 

My VIN No is TMBFN65J2C3072742

I’ve attached  pics my original handle cap. 

What internal door handle bracket compliments my handle cap 5N0 839 163 B ?

im truly stumped because most searches on eBay as well as Skoda parts.com for the door handle mounting bracket depict the same part no that I in fact ordered ? 

F758DB15-F1B4-44FE-ABA2-2E0F83977D90.jpeg

C7DB11CF-1DB5-432E-8411-F00AF90A1095.jpeg

0E28A7D0-02CE-4832-85AE-DDB8AF3BC353.jpeg

0F7E67CD-7E41-4499-974E-BA3F45DA835A.jpeg

I'm seeing 5N0839885H listed for your VIN, for passenger front door. £32.72 + VAT from Skoda.

Are you sure about that 5N0839163B part number? google draws a blank on that, as does ETKA, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by Breezy_Pete
Had misread, previously gave drivers side PN

1 hour ago, Breezy_Pete said:

I'm seeing 5N0839885H listed for your VIN, for passenger front door. £32.72 + VAT from Skoda.

Are you sure about that 5N0839163B part number? google draws a blank on that, as does ETKA, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Look at pics 

I've already got that part no, a new one but my end door cap isn’t fitting in it. The main handle fits fine. 

Actually Send a pic please of the back bit with hole where the end cap would fit. 

Ahh read post wrong, I’ll send you the handle end cap part no again 

5N0 839 163 B 

is what I can deduce from shining light into it. 

The nearest part no is 5N0 839 167 B, it throws a pic for a VW Polo end cap, identical to mine.  
Will ETKA show which caliper bracket it would fit to ? 

I don’t understand why my end cap ain’t fitting the new caliper bracket. The one I have is used  across all VAG cars from that era ? 

I'm wondering if the outer handle and cap bit aren't original to the car.

Will see what I can find for that 167B cap, any idea what year Polo?

Edited by Breezy_Pete

2 minutes ago, Aaron1875 said:

The nearest part no is 5N0 839 167 B, it throws a pic for a VW Polo end cap, identical to mine.  
Will ETKA show which caliper bracket it would fit to ? 

I don’t understand why my end cap ain’t fitting the new caliper bracket. The one I have is used  across all VAG cars from that era ? 

26 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Google images is possibly your friend.

I don't have such a part, I'm just looking at what catalogue says is correct for your car.

Skoda Parts confirm what you said by about caliper bracket part no. 

My car is a  face lift, so it’s correct handle end cap part no that I have and the mounting bracket part no I have is the correctly listed bracket for mine too. 

EBE85B8E-8859-47E8-94D9-3A594CA8E7C5.png

FC399BDF-D878-4688-97A0-8AE063D4F21F.png

5 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

I'm wondering if the outer handle and cap bit aren't original to the car.

Will see what I can find for that 167B cap, any idea what year Polo?

It’s original to car I’ve looked at the others and they all match. 

that part no 5N0 839 167 B cross references with my vehicle according to Skoda parts.com 

the polo Google image was for a 2011/12 

5 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

What part number is on the main exterior handle, please?

It’s not visible rubbed away 

however came across this and like you say they both part no’s correspond with each other ? 

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/etka/volkswagen/po/678/839000/

12 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Found a reference to that 5N0839167B part for a 6R Polo 2011, but the bracket associated with it is same part number 5N0839885H. 🤔

The door handle is compatible and it’s the same as the rest of my door handles and it slots in fine and works, but in order to keep it in situ, the end do needs to click behind it but the dashed thing isn’t going in ? 

Thanks ! It was still a ball ache to actually push it on bracket when I mounted bracket was in situ, took 20 mins of cursing 🤬 lol