Skoda Citigo, Airbag light stays on. Could someone near London help me diagnose and reset for me please? Wires were loose underneath the seat, replugged all of them! Does Ancel VD700 reset the code?

ncsknc

Does Ancel VD700 reset the code? - At £140 I doubt it, but rather than using an Amazon link have a look at the manufacturer's specification, unless I've missed it it doesn't show and I don't know if it could be added at extra cost.

£140 may sound like a lot but it really isn't for a scan tool, it would be for just a code reader, but I'm not saying this isn't a good scan tool for the cost, I've no idea, depends on how good its programing is (do keep it updated as it's free for "lifetime".

In case the people or person you want doesn't see your post here's a map of those who might be able to help you. - Briskoda VCDS Owners Map (click me)

Edited by nta16
removed first link
  • Like 1

Do check with the manufacturer as in the Amazon list it has a tick against "ACSM/airbag" in the ECU reset so I might be wrong and even manufacturer's websites have errors and omissions and missing updates.  I don't know if Ancel has a user's forum but if it does you might get the info from there too.

Edited by nta16

I'd suggest checking the gendan website for suitable code readers.  You'll probably find they do something suitable at a decent price that will definitely work.  If i was closer I'd try my T55 for you but I'm miles away.

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out the aigbag cables were unplugged under driver seat. WTF. 

I stupidly thought the light means airbag feature is fully functional when bought the car. I wonder if the seller tried to cheat me by giving me a lemon, as they didn't know how to fix and Garage quoted 65 to diagnose and 400 to fix. 

Anyways, plugged in cables, a redditor helped me out with a VCDS and cleared the error. It's gone. Status says OK on the VCDS report. Good to know the airbag is fully functional now. Fantastic! 

• Like 1