Teyes CC3 2K

Maybe a long shot, but anyone running a Teyes CC3 headunit (ideally the newer 2k) that can tell me if the standard OEM tire pressure monitoring system works with it 🤔

Cheers for the reply, android units are new to me, but didn't see the point in paying £150 to Skoda to unlock android auto (no cheaper 3rd parties near me)

So thought I'd spend a little more for a much bigger screen and

functionality.

The unit comes with a Canbus ability, so doors being open, steering wheel controls, when using physical buttons for heating etc all shows on the headunit so was unsure if TPMS would work or not.

Yes stearing all the wheel function and others will work. You will have limited access to car settings but car status will not show, so tmps will not work. You can get a usb sensor and wheels caps to have tyre pressure.

Also voice recognition is not working on the units for android auto. It will not understand what you are saying. It is the greatest drawbacks. Honestly if you really want Android auto, go with the 150 pounds or contact pab to see if he can fo something for you. It will be hastle free and you will retain all the car functions.

Thanks for confirming, I'm trying to think what other functionality will be lost then 🤔 

I did get a reply from Teyes finally, but doesn't fill me with confidence 😂 its the bigger screen and ability to have whatever apps I want making android auto a little redundant that initially drew me to the Teyes unit.

I looked into unlocking with a 3rd party remotely but was advised with my model / firmware it couldn't be done remotely.

Screenshot_20230621-132747~2.png

Edited by MO230

15 hours ago, MO230 said:

Thanks for confirming, I'm trying to think what other functionality will be lost then 🤔 

I did get a reply from Teyes finally, but doesn't fill me with confidence 😂 its the bigger screen and ability to have whatever apps I want making android auto a little redundant that initially drew me to the Teyes unit.

I looked into unlocking with a 3rd party remotely but was advised with my model / firmware it couldn't be done remotely.

Screenshot_20230621-132747~2.png

You will see the options but it won't do s...t

the RAISE canbus has limited interaction with the car. 

Mainly streering wheel control, climate conbtrol, drive options, reverse camera and voila, don't expect anything else. 

If you can go with crappy phone calls and limited acces to the car settings, these units are in deed very good for the reste, no doubt. But if you want to retain all the functionalities, they are juste not ready yet. 

And for android auto on the stock unit, you may also need to change the usb socket. 

Contact @pab567 and ask him about it, he is the expert here

Okay cool, on know the mic quality on the units aren't great, seems to be improved on the 2k models from recent reviews, and I guess I don't really use many of the OEM features, other than having set the VRS button to have the eco mode exhaust sound 😂 I'll have a think on what route to go, thanks again for the replies buddy 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Did you go ahead with this in the end? I'm considering the cc3 or cc3 2k....i dont care about android auto because i have an iphone....but the dsp, the large screen, apps etc is quite nice

what car features do i exactly lose? Tpms is on my bolero but it doesnt detect actual pressure, only changes after you SET it....

i want to be able to control climate, driving mode, see stats on consumption but i dont think i need much else....