Blue silicone pipe in Fabia mk3 to a standard one

Hello! Can anybody tell me what is that blue silicon pipe for and where can I get a standard one. Trying to get it back to the original state. 

I am moving this post here as was advised in the other forum to do so. 

Is anybody looking for a swap as I am looking for a standard one 

IMG_7491.jpeg

That is the air outlet pipe from the turbo charger into the throttle body, with a blow off valve added in for "good" effect.

You should be able to get a charge pipe assembly and new O-rings easily enough - possibly new from a main dealer as I'd doubt if scrappy's will split bits off engines, but if you don't ask you will not find out.

You could save your money and just start wearing a cap on back to front, though there will still be the issue of the blow off valve noises.

Edit:- my older daughter's partner bought a Lotus Espirit GT3 many years ago, but buying it clashed with house rebuilding, so he is only now getting round to removing its aftermarket BOV, "much too fat person's" quick release steering wheel and racing seats, next is the blue silicon piping - he had read on Lotus forums that when used on coolant systems, these blue silicon pipes tend to leak at the clips. Apart from the stereotype of typical buyer of these silicon pipes, I thought that they should last longer and perform just as well than the originals, but maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe look for the part number in here :-  IFI :: Free services (ifinterface.com)

Edited by rum4mo
  • Like 1

I'm assuming just by looking at the engine it's a 1.2L TSi CJZC/D as it looks like the top of a coil pack between the inlet and blue charge pipe.

If that is the case that charge pipe is part number 04E145673C.

There should also be a MAP sensor in that pipe part number 03G906051M held in with clips on the pipe or two screws(N10507201). Might still be there somewhere under the pipe have a look.

If it is supposed to have that MAP sensor and it isn't present at all (harness unplugged) and theres no engine light it might be tuned. I'm not sure which sensor is relied upon as there is also one on the top of the intake manifold/charge cooler.

You'll also probably need 2 o rings, WHT001386 at the turbo side, WHT003247 at the intake manifold/charge cooler.

There also looks to be a vacuum line coming from the throttle body/charge cooler to the blow off valve but where it goes from factory I'm not 100% sure.

I've included a part diagram for your refernce.

Also might be worth giving it a wipe down before opening up the intake system 😄

I'll try and get some pictures of the engine bay totaly stock for your reference as well when it stops raining.

Hopefully all that is of use to you.

CJZC-D turbo.PNG

• Like 1

Sorry if the pictures i posted which have come from this section in the OP,s first post in the Performance section which i linked are not exactly the right ons.

I thought near enough to the engine compartment / parts.

20200303_195845.jpg.099971f573ca49726ce986391a566e53.jpg.bd78a319883d97ed56c09248a36503c1.jpg

skoda-fabia-tsi-engine.jpg.e98f38dd813371a933ec4b1ee25fc904.jpg.0a72ccd222f2b13c489dca8416ab56b4.jpg

Edited by toot