Front Assist Automatic Braking

AllanDJ

I’ve had issues with this technology on various Skoda cars, including Octavia’s and a Yeti.

Driving my parents 72 reg Karoq 1.5 DSG the other day, on a country road. Nothing in front of me, nothing on the side of the road. When next thing, Front Assist warning light comes on and car goes into full emergency braking. Car behind nearly ran into the back of the Karoq, not what I’d call a safety feature! Had similar experiences on other Skoda’s too, definitely not a fan of this technology 😂

I've got an 18 plate, I also have the front assist alert for seemingly no reason every once in a while. Sensor is clean, no obstacle in line, just comes up on dash. I yet to have the emergency braking happen.

4 hours ago, MrSecretPotato said:

I've got an 18 plate, I also have the front assist alert for seemingly no reason every once in a while. Sensor is clean, no obstacle in line, just comes up on dash. I yet to have the emergency braking happen.

False warnings are pretty much par for the course with Front Assist but it doesn’t often do the emergency braking. My first Skoda Octavia gave me the warning light the very first time I drove it, a loud screech and a warning symbol. Apparently, it didn’t understand that not all roads are straight and that the hazard it picked up was a car on the other side of the road. Garage hadn’t a clue what it was though! That symbol wasn’t included in the owners manual at that time.

Edited by AllanDJ

17 hours ago, AllanDJ said:

I’ve had issues with this technology on various Skoda cars, including Octavia’s and a Yeti.

Driving my parents 72 reg Karoq 1.5 DSG the other day, on a country road. Nothing in front of me, nothing on the side of the road. When next thing, Front Assist warning light comes on and car goes into full emergency braking. Car behind nearly ran into the back of the Karoq, not what I’d call a safety feature! Had similar experiences on other Skoda’s too, definitely not a fan of this technology 😂

I used to get the warnings pretty regularly on my Mk3.5 Octavia, but then I dialled down the sensitivity a bit via the settings and it's been fine since.

The closest I get to it is the double-car "Too close" warning when someone changes lane a bit close in front of me on the motorway.

image.png.99ef04767ef1ff485c5283c7ba34e641.png