From Karoq to Kamiq....

lichfielddriver

Had a 1.5 petrol 150bhp manual Karoq R-line for 5 months, took some getting used to, grip in the wet/snow awful but it went well, did 46mpg (urban mainly) ....

Got to 10,000 miles and got told to swap cars, got a brand new Kamiq Monte Carlo 1ltr petrol DSG with 30 miles on the clock,  god what a difference...not in a good way

having to stick shift it to get it to pull from a standstill, then use "S" on auto.... and rag it to move well and avoid other cars

the box is the worst ive come across, slow to kick down (when im in D), thought i was going to die joining a rounabout with cars to avoid...

driver lane correction refuses to go away (or i get it off with warning lights)

automatic central locking wont go away/cant delete it

rear sensor only, no front sensors

(is this a budget trim?)

Getting 40mpg so whoever thought it may cost less to run should have his/her abacus taken off him/her/them..... it might win on a 200 mile motorway cruise but all my miles are on the urban school run banger race circuit

• Haha 1

All I can say is that my 1.0l dsg Kamiq bears absolutely no resemblance to the performance characteristics you mention. Very quick off the mark - much more so than when I drove my 140bhp manual Yeti. Never used the S mode and dsg infinitely slicker than me using the manual mode. Also easily kicks down to lower gears with no persuasion. I find the engine gearbox combination a perfect match and faultless in performance.

• Like 3

@lichfielddriverWell a New car with 30 miles has Green Tyres, maybe the pressures still too high and then the brakes have not had wear and are still tight. 

You have had your issues over the years with your cars / taxis and engine failures.

Thank goodness for a simple 1.0 TSI with a DSG even though they have GPF,s since 2018.   Well matched engine and 2 pedal driving for car weight and maybe the wheels scrabble for grip, but then so do many driving a 1.5 TSI, or those that had 1.6 TDI,s with a DQ200. 

?

Where do you get a Skoda Karoq R-line,  is it a Sportline?

Edited by toot

I don't understand the opening post, never been R line trim on Karoq

I have similar 1.0tsi DSG on our Arona, and never had problems pulling away (although I always turn off start-stop), only ever use S mode for overtaking.

Front sensors are £415 option on Kamiq Monte Carlo, if Op wanted them why didn't he/she specify them

Who gets told to swap cars from a fictional spec.  Feels like a troll post to me, especially as all done in bold type.  

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 3

On 01/07/2023 at 08:54, lichfielddriver said:

Had a 1.5 petrol 150bhp manual Karoq R-line

R-line?

On 01/07/2023 at 08:54, lichfielddriver said:

having to stick shift it to get it to pull from a standstill, then use "S" on auto.... and rag it to move well and avoid other cars

the box is the worst ive come across, slow to kick down (when im in D), thought i was going to die joining a rounabout with cars to avoid...

driver lane correction refuses to go away (or i get it off with warning lights)

automatic central locking wont go away/cant delete it

rear sensor only, no front sensors

(is this a budget trim?)

Getting 40mpg so whoever thought it may cost less to run should have his/her abacus taken off him/her/them..... it might win on a 200 mile motorway cruise but all my miles are on the urban school run banger race circuit

What gets me about posters like this they always blame tools rather than themselves. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not criticising the driving style one little bit, but I am questioning what anyone considering a 1.0tsi DSG powering an SUV is expecting from their car?  It's obviously the wrong car for you.  Nobody in the market for a 1.0tsi auto SUV should be expecting the performance the OP clearly is. 

Begs the question what are you comparing it to? I suspect you're comparing apples to pears.

Whatever the pros and cons of a Kamiq 1.0tsi are, then unless there's something seriously wrong with his particular engine, none of the above applies.

• Like 4

Doesn't fit my experience with my 2020 Kamiq 1.0 SEL DSG, although I understand that some items (have been deleted since because of supply problems.  Good acceleration in D, good, no excellent, economy (up to 62mpg on a 44 mile journey recently) and 52-54mpg is usual for any journey over 40 or so miles and on shorter distances too.

If you mean about automatic central locking when driving, there is surely a control below the main central display with a lock symbol on to engage or disengage this on a "permanent"basis?

I did find pickup from standstill was slow initially, but as the car settles in (and the driver gets used to the fact they have a different car) things improve.  As it's an automatic, just lifting your foot off the brake in D should cause the car to start pulling away.