Reversing Lights and tail lights

My MK4 Fabia, (Colour Edition), appears to have only one reversing light on the driver's side.  Is this correct, or should there be two (passenger side as well).    

Also, the red lights on the tailgate don't appear to come on - only the lights on the rear side panels. Is this because I've got the standard light package and not the full extra LED option package? 

Rear view.jpg

The reversing light is driver side only you can wire a second one in (according to main dealer), not sure about the lights, what mode is that in? Auto (Full, Dipped, DRL) or manual Full, Dip, DRL and i'll go check on mine

14 minutes ago, cmspud said:

The reversing light is driver side only you can wire a second one in (according to main dealer), not sure about the lights, what mode is that in? Auto (Full, Dipped, DRL) or manual Full, Dip, DRL and i'll go check on mine

Lights on the tailgate don't come on in all modes - Auto, Full, dipped, etc...  

Just gone and tested, neither do mine on the MC model, have tested with break's and lights on all modes, nowt.

Might be another case of design over function?

Yep, I've seen that picture too.  I reckon you only get those extra tailgate lights if you opt for the enhanced LED package. My Colour edition model just has the standard LED set up with LED running lights and headlights. I'm not bothered though - I was just curious . 

11 hours ago, john1952 said:

Yep, I've seen that picture too.  I reckon you only get those extra tailgate lights if you opt for the enhanced LED package. My Colour edition model just has the standard LED set up with LED running lights and headlights. I'm not bothered though - I was just curious . 

Yeah that's correct, they're only available on the full LED package. I didn't think it was worth getting when I ordered my car. Although I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the standard LED headlights that I've got fitted, not very bright in my opinion 

6 hours ago, JA1991 said:

Yeah that's correct, they're only available on the full LED package. I didn't think it was worth getting when I ordered my car. Although I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the standard LED headlights that I've got fitted, not very bright in my opinion 

Only had my Fabia a few weeks and haven't driven it at night-time so far, so I've yet to see how the LED headlights perform. When I recently went into a dimmly lit car park with lights on Auto setting, they switched on and lit up the car park very brightly. The jury's out !

• 2 weeks later...

I think, for headlights, they are good. But compared to the market offering for LED Headlights, they lack a little. Especially on country road's where there isn't much to reflect back at you

• 8 months later...