Engine mount bolts

Hi all. I'm about to have my 2002 skoda octavia 1.9 sdi in for its 2nd cam belt,water pump & auxiliary belt change 1st one done at 31,000 due to age of belt car is now on 79,000 & just over 4yr later. My question is is it advisable to change the engine mount bolts after dropping the engine to change the cam belt. And also how many bolts will I need I have counted what I can see and it looks like 6 bolts in total.

YES!!!!!!!!!

Always, always, always, always, always change the bolts. They are single-use only.

The previous owner of my car took it to a place that reused the bolts. The engine mounts came undone and the whole engine listed over, smashing its right side against the bay.

It was very nearly written off and the previous owner had already pretty much dumped it. It's only by pure luck that my friend and I were able to salvage it... and that's the story of how I got myself a car for £60.

So unless you wanna donate your vehicle to me, use new bolts.

That's what I meant drivers side engine mount to lower the engine giving access to the timing belt. The belts only done 48,000 mile but its been just over 4yr since it was changed so just been a bit cautious as I absolutely love the car. I phoned pullman skoda who said they would have to order the engine mount bolts in & they could only supply a bulk bag costing over £120 so i rang a company called TPS who can sell me the 6 bolts needed for £21.60 

• Like 1

Breezy Pete I stand corrected yes your right the engine mount just needs removed out of the way the engine does not need to move. Went to TPS & picked up the new engine mount bolts there were 7 in total.

• Like 1