emergency boot opening needed

Is there a way to open the boot manually, e.g. from inside the boot? Mine stopped opening although I can hear the mechanism click when I press the relevant button in the car, on the lid or the car key.

There is usually a small removable trim piece, or access hole that gives access to manually operate the latch.

If you check it should be noted in the handbook.

19 hours ago, Jonboy984 said:

P293 of my 2017 manual

Screenshot_20230718_163139_Drive.jpg

thanks a lot, I tried the above (pic on the left) and I can feel and hear that the screwdriver is picking something on a spring but unfortunately it didn't help. I'll need to cut the fabric with a sharpie to see what is going on there.

• Sad 1

On 19/07/2023 at 12:18, lukk said:

thanks a lot, I tried the above (pic on the left) and I can feel and hear that the screwdriver is picking something on a spring but unfortunately it didn't help. I'll need to cut the fabric with a sharpie to see what is going on there.

I cut the fabric open to see the emergency release mechanism and I was doing everything correctly, it's just that the lock seized up and won't open. Would anyone here know how to remove tlocking mechanism or have a workshop manual?

These are the pics I took. I tried to remove the big plastic trim with two visible wholes (there are screws there) but it is kept in place by the very locking mechanism

IMG_20230722_174133306.jpg

IMG_20230722_175215773.jpg