Digital Display not showing Speed MpH

Hello Good People,

I have just purchased a Skoda Fabia S TDI 2015 (Hopefully i am in the right forum… first post you see)

car seems good but have a few issues,

One being that the main display in front of the steering wheel doesn’t show the cars speed digitally. 

The main display only seems to Show the time, temp and fuel consumption.

Is this a feature of the model that doesn’t show the speed digitally?

I have looked over this forum and read a few articles about buttons but there is none to be found on the car around the steering wheel.

Am I missing something?

Have a fiddle with the stereo head unit and it appears your car should have a stalk rather than scrollers.

Edited by petrolcan
  • Like 1

Just now, petrolcan said:

Have a fiddle with the stereo head unit.

See I’ve had a few fiddles and cannot find a option to show speed

There is an option to show Mph or KM which makes me think it should show the speed!

I can see what door is open but not the speed.. seems mad. 

Had a look at setting and this is the only options..

Unsure if this is a fault or just a non-function on the basic model. 

Noticed there is a speed limiter option under tyres so would assume we would be able to digitally view the current speed. 

IMG_3629.jpeg

IMG_3628.jpeg

IMG_3627.jpeg

It looks like you have a Fabia 3 rather than Fabia 2 which is this forum. You may get better responses if you post over there. What kind of display do you have on the dash? LCD or Maxidot? Post a pic if you're not sure which it might be. Do you have any steering wheel or wiper stalk controls to interact with the display on the dash? There might be a setup menu in there?

I would also suggest reading through your owner's manual, if this is an option that's supposed to be available then it should tell you how to do it. If you don't have one, you can download it from Skoda's website, Google will find it pretty easily.

Thanks, wasn’t sure if I was a 2 or a 3! Will check out the other forum. 

it’s a basic LCD screen by the looks of it. No steering wheel stalk controls.. just basic wiper functions.

Checked manual and it’s seems to cover all models so talks about things that aren’t carried by this model.

I was googling MK2 so might better luck searching mk3.

thanks