Heated WIndscreen Retro Fit

Hi all

I'm looking at buying a salvage Mk2 Superb and swapping parts off it onto my car.

The salvage car has the optional heated front windscreen fitted, where as mine doesn't. Would it be a completely ridiculous and very impossible to remove the heated screen, heater control panel and potential wiring and install it on my Superb?

If I am able to swap everything over, I would then assume that it would need to be coded to?

• 1 month later...

If you get the screen out without damage, the rest would be fairly straightforward as you have everything you need on the donor car. Some minor VCDS code changes would get it working. 

I retrofitted a Swedish spec Passat front screen in my 4 motion Passat back in 2003.  TPS had five of them brand new in their old stock thick with dust and sold them off for £62 each I was gonna buy a spare, but they went too quickly.