1.2 TSI 90 hp cam belt change…

Just brought above engined Fabia mk 3 (delighted with it) as a second family car, so light use expected (6-8k yr). Car 2017 year currently with very low mileage 12k (driving history intermittent routine journeys not a daily driver) with no cam belt change to date. Plan is to keep car a long time hence asking about cam belts, on this forum there is a range of views from 5/6 years or 60 k, others indicate this is a uk only guidance figure with other counties being far higher. Just looking for anything a bit more aligned/ authoritative. Any feedback appreciated.

• 2 months later...
On 23/07/2023 at 19:23, GAK said:

Thanks, was undecided on best place to post. 

Maybe you saw it already but I emailed Skoda recently and was told it (belt and tensioner) was now "lifetime" which I've taken to be 10 years/150k+. 

I was going to have it changed next year but will leave it.

I've the same year/engine (1.2 4 cyl 90) 

• Like 2

Not surprised by briscaF1's discovery. My very knowledgeable mobile mechanic looked at mine last year and pronounced that it was perfect and the five year advice offered only in UK was highly suspect. I'll have another look in two or three years he said but why should Skoda do differently to other makers who are now generally talking 100k miles or thereabouts. I don't do a lot of miles but I do know that the belts are of far better quality these days than when they kicked off back in the 70's.

• Like 1