Cannot refuel!!

When I managed to refuel, I’d driven a total of 271 miles, 260 with the van in tow. I put in 9.4 galls (43 litres) and again, the fuel gauge read correctly (one big division below half full)

3 minutes ago, Albourneboy said:

When I managed to refuel, I’d driven a total of 271 miles, 260 with the van in tow. I put in 9.4 galls (43 litres) and again, the fuel gauge read correctly (one big division below half full)

That fuel gauge reading before refilling doesn't sound right to me - what is the capacity spec. for the 190?

Should be about 65litres so filling with 43 should have taken it to two thirds full...   So that gauge is reading wrong 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albourneboy said:

It was a third full before I filled it so why would 43 litres only take it to 2 thirds. Think you’ve got your maths wrong there

Ok im confused now.  If it was a third full and you then put 43 litres in it should nowbe full...   You said your gauge was showing one big division below half full after filling.  If so its way out.

• Like 1

I’ve just re-read my post and realised that I didn’t explain very well. The gauge read one big division below half full BEFORE I filled up with fuel. It read full afterwards. Sorry for the confusion. I used to be a technical author so should know better 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Possible but I did try a 2nd pump albeit at the same station with the same result. Also, the guy i persuaded to look at it in a nearby garage said the pipe between the filling point and the tank was full of fuel.