Lost SD card back of phonebox cover

Lilyrosemary

I stupidly put an SD card on the cover of the phonebox in my Karoq and it disappeared down a small gap at the back. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to retrieve it without dismantling the entire central console? I plan to go to my garage but expect that will be very expensive! Thanks

I did exactly the same with the wifes bank card. 😲

It was retrieved fairly easily by taking one side of the centre console off. The passenger side is easier as you dont have the footrest in the way.

If I remember correctly there is one torxs screw towards the front then it's held on with clips. As I remember I think it just slides one way to clear the clips. Sorry can't remember which way.

The card was just lodged behind the phonebox.

Good luck!!

Well I managed to get the side panel out OK (as you said actually very easy!) however I still couldn't get the SD card out. I ended up taking the car to Marshalls in Gillingham where they retrieved it for me, put the panel back on, and gave me a free coffee... all for no charge! Highly recommended. Needless to say I wont be putting anything thin or small on top of the phone box again.

• Like 1