Skoda Kodiaq SE 1.5 Petrol Manual 5 Seater

I have put a deposit on the above model which is on a 2020 plate, 13000 miles, forecourt price of £22, 700. Is anyone able to completely confirm if this model has a Sat Nav installed. Any thoughts tips on other matters please do send as might prove helpful. Due to medical resons we will be traing in our superb sportsline.

From memory 2020 was when infotainment including sat nav went online.

2019 cars used a memory card, 2021 was all downloaded.   If the dvd reader is in glovebox, probably got old system, but if it is late 2020 then new online version

The old ones are updatable by downloading new maps, there is threads on it, but need to keep copy of special file, DO NOT reformat, and add back the file to original card  Some new maps are too big so need to delete parts to fit on the card.

The online ones only update if you pay hefty annual subscription, instead most people use google maps or Waze on their phone and plug in and use the phone data

Does it not say in the advert - if not I'd suggest it doesn't but you should be able to use google Maps via Android Auto with a Bolero...

I was under the impression the basic spec never had Sat Nav.

2020 was the year they changed systems as per above but...

2 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

...the online ones only update if you pay hefty annual subscription, instead most people use google maps or Waze on their phone and plug in and use the phone data

The subscription service is for updated stuff like local petrol prices and traffic jams etc but the maps themselves are continually updated over-the-air FOC.

Thanks to all who have responded. It was pretty much the same as I thought. I have Alzheimers Disease and have to rely on my wife since they took my driving licence away. Sadly my superb sportsline will now be going to accomodate the Kodiaq. That car had the dvd reader in the glove box on a 2019 plate. 

Can anyone shed the light on these articles:

ŠKODA SmartLink to be set up. It is activated using an activation code, which is available from your dealership. If you’re keen to get started and explore the endless options

ŠKODA Connect gives you, your dealership can activate SmartLink for you before you drive away from the forecourt. Once your system is active, you can sync your phone. and as well: ŠKODA Connect App - How to Connect Your Vehicle. Discover how to connect your vehicle to the ŠKODA Connect app by following our step-by-step guide:

To connect with ŠKODA app, you need to enter your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) code. To do this, simply navigate to your garage within the ŠKODA Connect app and enter your VIN code. If you need help finding the VIN code there is a help link at the bottom of the screen. You can use the camera function to scan & load the VIN code directly into the app.

To use this feature and track your trip, you must open your ŠKODA connect app, select the Logbook title and connect to your vehicle via the SmartLink. The app will start to record your trip, however if you leave the app or lock your phone the recording will be stopped so to ensure you successfully record your trip make sure your app stays open.

Does this mean maps can be played through the info intertainment screen.

Regards Rob

• 3 weeks later...