All in warranty.

Well I've just splashed out on it for the next two years. Mainly for peace of mind with regards to my dsg box, engine. 

They won't be touching my brakes and I won't be taking any of their extras though🤣

Edited by Phoenixboy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Zymurgy said:

What warranty, with whom and how much?

It’s the Skoda All in warranty.  I bought  it for about £700 after the initial 3 years ran out, which continues into years 4 & 5. This provides 2 years of warranty and Breakdown Recovery,  2 x Annual services and 2 x MOTs. I thought it was a reasonable idea to cover the DSG etc, the same thinking as @Phoenixboy. It won’t cover normal wear and tear items. shock absorbers, brakes etc. The car has to be inspected at a dealer prior to VW Financial Services accepting your cash. The warranty must be taken out within a short period following the inspection for obvious reasons. 

• Like 1

Hi to all, may not be applicable but just be aware that there is a recent poster who has run into an issue - he has had a Skoda approved used warranty claim (engine oil leak) rejected due to having also taken out an 'all in' warranty when he bought car. 

Edited by Warrior193
correction
  • Like 3

DQ200 DSG, 7 speed twin dry clutch on petrol VW 1.8 TSI with no more than 192 ps / 250 Nm torque and FWD.

(No Oil service intervals.)

AWD 1.5 TSI or FWD or AWD 2.0 TSI or TDI will be a DQ381 if 7 Speed and wet clutch.

VW show as 80,000 mile Oil changes. (This should really be oil and filter) and we will see how long before they bring that down from 80,000 miles.

• Like 1

On 20/08/2023 at 09:03, Redboy said:

It’s the Skoda All in warranty.  I bought  it for about £700 after the initial 3 years ran out, which continues into years 4 & 5. This provides 2 years of warranty and Breakdown Recovery,  2 x Annual services and 2 x MOTs. I thought it was a reasonable idea to cover the DSG etc, the same thinking as @Phoenixboy. It won’t cover normal wear and tear items. shock absorbers, brakes etc. The car has to be inspected at a dealer prior to VW Financial Services accepting your cash. The warranty must be taken out within a short period following the inspection for obvious reasons. 

As stated it's the Skoda all in extended warranty, plenty of info on their website about it. Cost me £840 for two services, one major inc plugs, two MOT's, 2 years AA breakdown cover (inc home start), 2 years extended Skoda warranty. Mainly bought it for peace of mind to cover my dsg box, engine inc timing belt whilst under warranty. 

I won't be buying any dealer extras, including brakes, as I've just changed the rears myself for less than 25% of their quoted cost. 

Edited by Phoenixboy

I think I may have to take it out for DSG peace of mind mainly. I'm not worried about shocks etc, I've recently changed the fronts and the top mounts as the had both given up the ghost at 37k 😳 I'll continue to do an interim oil change myself and the same with brakes.

This thread has given me some good advice 👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zymurgy said:

I think I may have to take it out for DSG peace of mind mainly. I'm not worried about shocks etc, I've recently changed the fronts and the top mounts as the had both given up the ghost at 37k 😳 I'll continue to do an interim oil change myself and the same with brakes.

This thread has given me some good advice 👍

Up to now my Octavia has been very reliable (apart from rear wiper motor), it's the main components I've took the warranty out for, too. I don't see it to be a lot of cash to spend, considering what you actually get for your money & how much your car was worth. I rung Skoda up to ask how much a years extended warranty would be alone, then my servicing on top, £400. So the all in warranty is certainly better value for money. As far as I can see it's for cars aged 3-6. Mine being 4.5 years old, now. 

As I've said I'll do my own brakes or anything else that doesn't directly effect the extended warranty. 

Edited by Phoenixboy
  • Like 2