Superb IV tyre recommendations

CageyH

I am looking for a good summer tiring tyre to fit to my Superb IV in 235/40/R19.

I am not after anything of a soft compound/sport orientated type of tyre. Priority is Safety, comfort and fuel economy. 

Any experience of the Bridgestone Turanza? I see the 6 has come out with a claim of better tyre life?

Currently running Cinturato P7.

Soft compound / sport orientated tyres might well be safer in the wet and dry than ECO bias tyres that are for fuel economy but are giving less grip / friction / handling.

@Carlstoncan maybe list you tyres of different types in the not very comfortable size you have.

?

What tyres are on now? 

10 hours ago, CageyH said:

Currently running Cinturato P7.

Thanks for the response. Pirelli Cinturato P7 currently fitted.

I have had a look today, and there really not many “Eco” tyres in this size.

Lowest rolling resistance seems to be the Bridgestone Turanzo 6, but best life seems to be the Michelin Pilot Sport 5.

To be honest, any of the “premium” brands will probably be absolutely fine. I don’t use this car for sporty driving. It is a family barge and commuting use only.

The Pirelli P7 has been around for years, but did have updated version.   Although the Pirelli Powergy would now be better choice

My shortlist would include :

Bridgestone Turanza 6

Continental Premium Contact 6

Falken Azensis FK520

Hankook Ventus S1 evo3

Goodyear Asymmetric 6

17 hours ago, CageyH said:

Thanks.
The Premium Contact 6, rather than the 7? Any reason I have missed to not buy the 7?

Didn't think Continental make premium contact 7 in required size, although the sport contact 7 exists in 235/40 R19

Another question. If I went for Bridgestone Turanza 6 due to the lower rolling resistance, realistically what percentage fuel economy would they deliver compared to a higher rolling resistance tyre? 

I have found an online calculator that suggests that changing just two tyres will save me £10 a year. It hardly seems worth it to me. The EU tyre calculator suggest there is a potential 1% saving by going from a Group C to Group B tyre.

Do real world experiences match the predictions? 

I am only changing 2 tyres this time around,  I think I am just going to go for one of the Premium tyres in the daft size fitted to my car.

I've got the Pirelli Powergy on mine at the moment and have found compared to the Michelin Primacy 4's that were on before that the wear rate is a lot worse. I got 27,000 out of the Michelins and the Pirellis are on 17,000 and are not going to last much longer.