octavia mk3 1.4 tsi kill switch advice immobiliser

Hi 
Looking for some advise please. Got an Octavia mk3 1.4TSI auto DSG.
Been a few cars stolen in my area. Looking to add a simple kill switch. But unsure which circuit is best to cut into. 
(I did not want to go to the full expense of a ghost immobiliser which i understand would be good.
The easiest way i think is to pull the correct fuse from behind the glove box extend it to the kill switch (via an inline fuse instead still still fuse protected). But i could not work out which fuse is best to stop the car being stolen. I dont wont to use a fuse that will flag up a code if i switch on the ignition with the kill switch still enabled  and i need a garage visit to clear the code/s. 
I was thinking  fuse 49 described as coil on starter relay clutch pedal switch 

https://imgvehicle.com/skoda/octavia-5e/fuse-box

Thanks in advance for any advise. 
Steve 

I suspect most of the fuses would trigger a code if disconnected. It’s best to pick on a low current circuit. How about switching the starter motor solenoid cable , not the high current battery feed. 

I can understand what you are trying to do - I did something similar a few years ago(1990) when I built an e type jag replica kit car. I was really worried about it being stolen as car theft was a real problem then.  I fitted a battery switch with removable key and because I was into electronics I made an immobiliser (74 series chips) that did a primitive monitor of the Jag rocker switches that had to be in a certain position when you attempted to start the car. I drilled the distributor and inserted a hidden wire that enabled you to short the points etc via the immobiliser.  This lasted a while but I discovered the 74 chips really didn’t like the car environment - so I simplified to using just the Fuel A/B switch to short the points combined with the battery switch.

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1