Front Bumper spoiler

Hi Guys , 

I wonder if you could help me please . 
my wife has accidentally damaged the front bumper lower bar spoiler , part 5JA807611 9B9 , hitting a curb while parking up . 
I have been to my local Skoda dealer and they are saying that it’s not just a case of replacing that part , the whole bumper ( part 5JA807221F)   needs to be replaced and also sprayed ,  there is NO damage to the bumper , but they said  it comes as a whole kit anyway , so you can’t just replace the spoiler . 

they have quoted me €928 to do the whole job , that’s with spraying and replacing the part . This seems a lot of money , as the car is probably only worth €8000 . 
My question is , can the spoiler be replaced on its own  , rather than a whole bumper ,  spoiler and then paint spray ? 
I hope you can help 

Thank you for your time 

IMG_3911.jpeg

Seems a little excessive if the only damaged part is the lower spoiler. If, however, the attachment points on the bumper have been ripped off then maybe that's why they want to sell you a new bumper. Even so, it may be feasible to remake the attachment points by plastic welding. Take the destroyed spoiler off yourself and make your own mind up on the condition of the bumper. 928 euros buys a lot of cable ties.

• Thanks 1

Hi there , 

Thanks for replying , he literally just looked at it and took the same photo I did . So would have no idea if the attachment points were damaged or not to be honest . 
he said the whole bumper and spoiler were as one , so had to be done together . That’s clearly not the case after googling the parts . So I assume it is possible to just replace the spoiler then inspectorman ? 

if so I could just purchase that for €30 or so  and get someone to fix it for me , not being any good at mechanics etc . 

Find someone friendly with a screwdriver and a bit of a clue to get the remains of the spoiler off and have a look for you. The worst thing that can happen is you hand the spoiler you've bought to the main dealer and say yes, I do need a bumper. Doesn't sound like he wasted much time assessing the issue (but quite liked the profit on a bumper replace job).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the part you need is 5JA807795C, which is listed on Catcar as a "spoiler" for the Monte Carlo spec Rapid. I'm assuming your car looks like the one in this picture:

Rapid Monte Carlo

You can clearly see that the spoiler bolts onto the bumper, so your bumper doesn't need to be touched at all. Hopefully you'll be able to get hold of one of these and get it fitted - I can't see that any paint is needed at all. 

• Love it! 1

19 minutes ago, vwman55 said:

I think the part you need is 5JA807795C, which is listed on Catcar as a "spoiler" for the Monte Carlo spec Rapid. I'm assuming your car looks like the one in this picture:

Rapid Monte Carlo

You can clearly see that the spoiler bolts onto the bumper, so your bumper doesn't need to be touched at all. Hopefully you'll be able to get hold of one of these and get it fitted - I can't see that any paint is needed at all. 

Yep that’s the car and the same colour (unless that’s the only colour they did😊)  that makes sense thank you , so just a case of buying that part and getting someone to put it on , rather than pet too dollar at a Skoda dealer . Poor show really