to have Skoda extended warranty or not?

gonefishing

Hello, my Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG is coming up for three years old, Skoda have offered me extended warranty at £204 per year with a £100 excess.

Is this good value? Have any other members used this warranty or have experience of other warranties?

thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm now in the second year of extended Warranty, 1 problem with rear screen wiper, replaced sorted problems. Feel just that bit easier with the warranty. Don't want to claim but it's there.

On 25/08/2023 at 13:15, gonefishing said:

Hello, my Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG is coming up for three years old, Skoda have offered me extended warranty at £204 per year with a £100 excess.

Is this good value? Have any other members used this warranty or have experience of other warranties?

thanks in advance

Allow me to reframe the issue for you.

Skoda: We bet you £204 your car won't break down in the next 12 months.

You: Yeah? What's the deal?

Skoda: You give us £204, then if your car has a failure in the next 12 months, you give us another £100 and we fix the problem for FREE! Bear in mind that this covers some really expensive repairs, like gearbox failure, engine failure, etc.

You: What happens if my car doesn't have a failure in the next 12 months?

Skoda: We win the bet, and keep your £204.

You: Does this cover any failure of the car?

Skoda: "Oh hell no! We have quite a few exemptions for wear and tear and whatever, also we have to agree that your failure satisfies the conditions of our bet. Between you and me, we've left QUITE a bit of wriggle-room for us to get out of losing the bet. Whoops, said the quiet bit out loud there.

You: So the deal is: I bet you £204 my car WILL fail in the next 12 months, and if I win the bet, I have to pay you an extra £100 AND convince you that you should fix my car for free?

Skoda: That's the deal! Take it or leave it, but it's a limited time offer. Tick-tick, tick-tock!

You: Let me think about it.    <---- You are here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You pays your money..... I've never took out an extended warranty on any car including the 3 Octavias I've owned since 2012 and never had to pay for anything other than normal consumables and servicing. Whether I'm the norm or not I don't know but if I'd taken out extended warranties on all the cars I've bought over the years it would have cost me quite a sum. Skoda offer them because it makes them money 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, littleade said:

You pays your money..... I've never took out an extended warranty on any car including the 3 Octavias I've owned since 2012 and never had to pay for anything other than normal consumables and servicing. Whether I'm the norm or not I don't know but if I'd taken out extended warranties on all the cars I've bought over the years it would have cost me quite a sum. Skoda offer them because it makes them money 😉

Warranties give piece of mind.

Sometimes they pay out to repair your car, and if you buy something fancy and unreliable, like a Range Rover with a lot of gadgets and gizmos on it, they can be a sound investment.

But mainly, it's peace of mind.

https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/190724ab-ac7d-4c6b-943a-c80462816d1c

• Like 1