Blower keeps blowing fuses

Jez33

Hi all.

I own a roomster td. 

The air blower has in the last year only had full speed or nothing but recently I can't even get full speed without blowing fuses?

I've put a multimeter on amps setting and between the fuse terminals pulling 14.5 amps on average which ofcouse will then activate the fan at full speed when I do that with the multimeter. 

The motor didn't sound like it was laboring so is it a classic resistor change do you think or is there other problems which are more common on the roomster ?

The blower is direct on full fan speed (4), switched on, no resisters.

If lower speeds have gone, will be resister pack (there are threads on how to change via glovebox)

If it is blowing fuses on max speed then either motor is overloading because sticky and not turning freely, or is damage to wire supplying motor.   Get it running again before change resistor as will blow replacement too