Front Wipers

Moggo

Hi all,

Having an issue with my front wipers missing a spot on screen.

Bottom passenger side, about a 5” spot where the arc stops. Wiper blade doesn’t quite have enough pressure as the window curves. Tried new blades and same problem. Arm is tight, spring is fine, I’m at a loss.

I’ve attached a picture, not great but that’s the area, passenger side, boot on corner.

any ideas?

Thanks all.

IMG_2998.jpeg

1 hour ago, Moggo said:

Hi all,

Having an issue with my front wipers missing a spot on screen.

Bottom passenger side, about a 5” spot where the arc stops. Wiper blade doesn’t quite have enough pressure as the window curves. Tried new blades and same problem. Arm is tight, spring is fine, I’m at a loss.

I’ve attached a picture, not great but that’s the area, passenger side, boot on corner.

any ideas?

Thanks all.

IMG_2998.jpeg

Have you tried deep cleaning the screen at that point ? It could be a build up of residue on the screen which is preventing the blade properly ‘wiping’ the area. Try cleaning with a solvent then finish with a good glass cleaner. Worth trying before you go to expense of springs etc.

• Love it! 1

Also lift wiper arm & blade up away from screen and lubricate the spring & pivot part of the inner part of the  arm.

Work it up & down a couple of times. WD40 good for that.

• Love it! 1

The spot you indicate must be at the extreme end of your wiper blade, I fitted Bosch blades as the originals (on a new car) tore apart

while on a trip to Norfolk and had no trouble since.

• Like 1