Columbus Infotainment dead after update last night

vrsalan

I got a message last night about an update, which I accepted. After that I got a message about a background process not being able to start but after restarting the car it went away so I thought no more about it, but this morning infotainment is completely dead - AC settings, parking assist etc works but the home and menu buttons do nothing. There's also a message that pops up on start about having to select a privacy level, which disappears after pressing start. I'm on the latest SW level (it's new car).

Is there an equivalent to <control-alt-delete> for infotainment?

Edited by vrsalan
clarified

• vrsalan changed the title to Columbus Infotainment dead after update last night
17 minutes ago, Giannis20 said:

I don't know for sure, but it worth to give it a try. 

Just press the power button for 15 seconds or more.

It's a Columbus, so no physical power button, but your link did point me in the direction of this tutorial:

Basically, press the touch power button for 10 seconds. I'll give it a try when the car gets back home, thanks.

Edited by vrsalan
More info
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vrsalan said:

It's a Columbus, so no physical power button.

Anyway holding on/off button for some 20 seconds will do the trick. I had similar issue after updating to 1941 at dealership, reboot helped.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Edela said:

Anyway holding on/off button for some 20 seconds will do the trick. I had similar issue after updating to 1941 at dealership, reboot helped.

Yes, thanks - I updated the post above with a link to the procedure as you were adding this info 🙂

I just had same issue. On ignition I see this message

PXL_20230906_130138599.thumb.jpg.134233b160a7df02abf8cb9f2f013370.jpg

then click OK and I just see the clock - system is dead and Home and Menu buttons do nothing.

PXL_20230906_131932453.thumb.jpg.0da32c501da5901dcb5edfc67bcc5f30.jpg

Resetting it by holding power fixed it. I assumed maybe it was due to extreme heat we have in UK but sound more like a dodgy update.

3 hours ago, pullover said:

Resetting it by holding power fixed it. I assumed maybe it was due to extreme heat we have in UK but sound more like a dodgy update.

That's exactly the same symptoms as mine. The keep-finger-on-power-for-10-secs reset fixed it for me as well. Shortly afterwards I got a renotification for an update, for the shop app. This time it seemed to work OK, although it took a couple of minutes to finish.

VAG software seems to be truly shoddy ☹️

• Like 1

On 06/09/2023 at 14:38, pullover said:

PXL_20230906_130138599.thumb.jpg.134233b160a7df02abf8cb9f2f013370.jpg

then click OK and I just see the clock - system is dead and Home and Menu buttons do nothing.

PXL_20230906_131932453.thumb.jpg.0da32c501da5901dcb5edfc67bcc5f30.jpg

The second screen is just the "radio off" screen. A press of the power button to the left of the volume slider turns the radio off and on. A quick tap of the power just mutes.

Ya, a silly design.

• Like 1