Scala buying tips

wales1975

Last year I replaced my 2009 Astra with a new Scala, I didn't fancy the new Peugeot Astra, all ok so far, the 3cyl 1 litre engine is way  better than I was expecting + 60mpg  on the last tank of fuel.
Surprised how little input there is on this forum, maybe no one has a problem, or there's not many Scalas.

I used to drive Vauxhalls, the last one was a Peugeot Crossland, awful thing! Haven't had a Astra for some time though, I would think the Scala is equivalent in size to the Astra but probably a wee bit larger inside.  I do know that the Scala gives a much better driving experience than the Crossland, not least in that the all round visibility is much better.  I have the SE model with a 1.5 engine but you pays yer money and makes yer cnoice. Best plan is to test drive one really.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 17:54, Pablitothepig said:

Love my Scala SE 1.0 in Meteor Grey 6 speed manual with 16”” wheels. Comfy economical and quicker than you might think. I don’t see many on the roads though. 

I test drove a Scala yesterday, do you notice a vibration in the cabin before the stop starts kicks in? In traffic lights especially,

Hi wales 1975. I moved from an Audi A1 to a 2020 Scala SEl with the 1.0 engine. Lots more room inside for not a much longer car, great visibilty just under 50mpg. We've had it now for 6 months and really like it. We have found that the dash creaks when it is cold. It's really annoying but it does go when warmed up. I never use stop start and I dislike the lane assist, but apart from that my wife and I are enjoying the car. It was supplied by Arnold Clark with 4 of the very very cheapest budget  tyres. Getting them swapped out next week for Goodyeat vector 4 all seasons.

1 minute ago, david7892003 said:

Hi wales 1975. I moved from an Audi A1 to a 2020 Scala SEl with the 1.0 engine. Lots more room inside for not a much longer car, great visibilty just under 50mpg. We've had it now for 6 months and really like it. We have found that the dash creaks when it is cold. It's really annoying but it does go when warmed up. I never use stop start and I dislike the lane assist, but apart from that my wife and I are enjoying the car. It was supplied by Arnold Clark with 4 of the very very cheapest budget  tyres. Getting them swapped out next week for Goodyeat vector 4 all seasons.

Do you find some vibrations in the cabin? I loved the car. Noticed before the stop start was activated there was some vibration. Some say its the 3 cylinder engine.  Im new to Skodas, ive always had Vauxhalls.  

Wales 1975.

What gear box was that car? I have a 1.5 manual and its very smooth, the stop/start does what it says with no vibration or rattles. After the hot summer the seats creak a little when negotiating wobbly lanes and B roads but nothing else really. A 15 mile drive along A roads gives me 50+mpg, 100 mile on motor ways 60+ mpg. The 2 cylinder 'ECO' mode does produce a barely discernible vibration, but as it (hopefully) saves me money I don't care. 

Edited by John2022