Columbus latest System Update - Advice

Has anyone on the forum had any success upgrading the system software on their Columbus system from 0278? 

I struggled to get my system updated to 0278 a year ago (thanks to this forum I could produce evidence there was an update). Apple car play was next to useless, but every time I took the car to the dealer they said there was no problem with the car and there were no updates. A year on and although car play still works, it's very glitchy and my dealer is telling me to get an update I will have to spend £114 for diagnosis with no guarantee they will agree to an update.

I've heard rumour of a version 0324, but I'm not sure if it applies to my car or if it even exists. Any help would be gratefully received so I can go and take it up with my dealer (again!).

Thanks in anticipation. 

IMG_9565.JPG

I've been happy with 0278, but it appears version 0324 has dropped:

1887199803_Screenshot2023-09-23at8_35_15am.thumb.png.beff39a439d6c33ca0612c27ea8d5041.png

Otherwise version 0306 has been out since the end of 2022 and should be widely available and is said to cure glitches with 0278.

image.thumb.png.dbb161e138ee9c55f94137d8e5bd7c65.png

Having made about 5 failed attempts to update the Columbus navigation on my 2017 MK111 Superb I feel it is my duty to tell everyone how I eventually succeeded. 

1. Download the "Map Update Manual" from the Skoda website- you will need the VIN number of your vehicle.

2. Scroll down to the English version and item number 2 that explains how to Format the SD card. The SD card needs to be at least 64Gb because the download is more than a 32Gb card can handle.

The Format picture shows a 32Gb card using FAT32 and 2048 bytes. I used a 125Gb card and my Widows 11 PC would not Format to FAT 32 but uses exFat instead. 

So, I Formatted to card using exFat and an allocation unit size of 8192 bytes ( about 8Kb) and Label the Volume as SD Card.

3. Steps 3 and 4 instructs how to download the update zipfile and step 6 shows how the download would look on your PC. 

4. You now need to unzip the file using an extractor. 

5. You now need to drag and drop the files contained in the extracted download folder into the SD card. DO NOT drag and drop the Folder; only the MIB1 and MIB2 and txt. file in the folder.

This will take some time but when finished Eject the SD card and insert into SLOT 1 in the car.

6. Now follow Steps in 8 and the system should update in about 1 hour. 

All this applies to using a Windows 11 PC but I suspect the procedure will be little different with a Mac.

• Like 1