How to turn on A/C - Skoda Octavia VRS 2.0 (Manual) 2007

NMA

Hello, 

New to the forum, bought myself an Octavia VRS Estate/Wagon a few months back. 2.0 litre manual in blue. Love it. Based in Sydney, so the temperatures are starting to ramp up coming into spring/summer.

Cannot get my head around the air con system and how to operate it. Do not understand the ECON/ AUTO feature at all. There is no simple A/C button in my model. 

Can someone please tell me in the first instance how you would go turning on the A/C (I understand that it is not ECON function)?

The A/C was serviced about two years ago according to the service history, I understand the compressor is ****e, but is there a way to test to see if the A/C works before actually asking for it to be refilled. 

Appreciate any help. 

Slainte,

Niall 

15 hours ago, NMA said:

Can someone please tell me in the first instance how you would go turning on the A/C (I understand that it is not ECON function)?

Quite the reverse; the ECON(omy) setting turns the A/C OFF when active.

• Like 2

Thanks, so I just turned on the fans full whack yesterday and turned to cold (no auto/ ECON function enabled). Is that the A/C going? Why make it so difficult. 

You are overthinking it, it is not difficult, the AC is on by default all the time whether set to cold or hot except if the ECON button is depressed.

I'm pretty sure it will revert back to the default AC setting the next time you start the vehicle.

Mine is on most of the time as it helps to stop the screen misting etc in the cooler and colder months, in summer its on and I need it but do then notice the extra fuel consumption, if its really hot and I have chosen to drive with the windows open then I will switch the AC off, mine is the standard Climatic so no ECON setting, I have to switch off the AC button.

And again I think it defaults back to AC the next time I start the vehicle.

• Like 1