DVLA inspection after write off repairs

R_U_AFA

Wait so, Quote from website.

"Does a Cat N write-off car need a new MOT?"

"No, DVLA doesn’t insist category N vehicles have new MOT for driving back on the UK road. However, there is an assumption that the write-off car is no longer roadworthy- therefore, it needs an MOT to drive back."

This is contradictory. 

Can someone clear this up?

If I get a category N write off repaired, that has a current MOT pass, LEGALLY does it need to pass a new MOT test, after repairs?

(I will point out at this point that the the car is a write off due to the fact that painting+fitting a new wing will cost more than the valve of the car)

After doing a bit of searching, it seems that's the conclusion that I have come to.

As seen as the insurer doesn't cancel the current MOT on a cat-N it's still in force untill it runs out.

The insurer did suggest it would need a new MOT, but that was the 3rd parties insurer (who are offering the write-off scenario, as seen as it was a no fault incident on my part), not my insurance provider.