I don’t want a 13 inch iPad…

Agent X20

Been well satisfied with both Superbs and Yeti… but the current bus is approaching 100K and that tax grabber Khan wants 12.50 to drive on his congested roads, so it’s time to change…

If I stay with brand, and I do want to, then it’s either a Kodiak or Superb Estate and after 60-70 hours a week over the past 5/6 years… covid etc etc…. want to treat meself to something nice …. But just what is it with this fad to have 40-50K cars with a 500 quid ipad obscuring the view over the bonnet ( and I am 6’4) looking more like something that you really shouldn’t be looking at whilst driving along…. This appears to be the new standard on the above shortly to be released  ‘facelifted’ models… 

Is it me as an old fart… or are these iPads the puppies parts and the best thing that ever happened..? Would appreciate any feedback…

Perhaps it’s time to move up to a Q8…?

hey ho….

Think of yourself as an old fart. :D

We can moan all we want but every manufacturer is doing it so best get used to it.

One thing about Skoda is at least they're retaining some physical buttons / dials in their new interiors. This is a link to the Kodiaq, the Superb is similar.

https://www.skoda.co.uk/new-cars/teaser/all-new-kodiaq

Not just you, I dont want a tea tray sticking up from the dashboard and I dont want to be distracted having to look at it to use functions of the vehicle that I have been able to do by touch and not sight in every vehicle since I started driving.

Not only is it a step back but dangerous for me having sight in only one eye, and dangerous for all those who cant remove their eyes from their phones as they will cast them to the screen or whatever its called probably making themselves legal (and lethal!) in the process.

On a more practical level I often carry 3m lengths of building materials like steel stud plasterboard framing rails inside the vehicle supported on the dashboard,  passenger seatback and rear loading floor I protect the windscreen with foam that I carry under the boot floor. The teatray would be in the way and if it got hit by shorter stuff when breaking or when loading the 3m stuff either side I would have a £500 bill, probably a £1000 one for a part they pay maybe £40 for.

It aint gonna happen!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Agent X20 said:

Been well satisfied with both Superbs and Yeti… but the current bus is approaching 100K and that tax grabber Khan wants 12.50 to drive on his congested roads, so it’s time to change…

If I stay with brand, and I do want to, then it’s either a Kodiak or Superb Estate and after 60-70 hours a week over the past 5/6 years… covid etc etc…. want to treat meself to something nice …. But just what is it with this fad to have 40-50K cars with a 500 quid ipad obscuring the view over the bonnet ( and I am 6’4) looking more like something that you really shouldn’t be looking at whilst driving along…. This appears to be the new standard on the above shortly to be released  ‘facelifted’ models… 

Is it me as an old fart… or are these iPads the puppies parts and the best thing that ever happened..? Would appreciate any feedback…

Perhaps it’s time to move up to a Q8…?

hey ho….

It's weird how even holding a phone while driving in the UK is illegal, but faffing about with menus on a screen is just fine if the screen comes attached to the car you're driving.

I do despise such obvious inconsistency.

(Yes there are laws against driving without due care and attention and whatever. Doesn't disprove my point.)

When it came to replace my 13 reg Mercedes in 2015, the facelift had the iPad blu-tac’d onto the dashboard.  Looked ‘Orrible, imo.

I  changed to a Lexus, which didn’t.

And I still think the same way.