MK2 3T B6 fresh air recirculation flap motor part number

• 2 weeks later...

The 1K2820304B number is the whole intake duct I think, including motor and the bits to the left and right of motor, under label 12 in the diagram. £348+ VAT new from Skoda, doubt you want to go there!

10 hours ago, Breezy_Pete said:

The 1K2820304B number is the whole intake duct I think, including motor and the bits to the left and right of motor, under label 12 in the diagram. £348+ VAT new from Skoda, doubt you want to go there!

Sweet moses. Ive ordered a motor to see if I can get it going, hopefully I dont need the wierd cover bit on the side.  I also hope I can work out the puzzle of arms and cogs etc!!

Here's what I'm faced with, I've rebuilt the linkage and put the flaps back, I can spin the wheel by hand and the flaps operate OK. Just waiting for the motor.

I see one bolt left in so that's good not sure how the rest attaches. Nondoubt wrong motor on order from fleabay....

20231006_174043.jpg

20231006_174048.jpg

20231006_174054.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK - so today the motor turned up. I plugged it in and it works, not 100% convinced it sounds strong but its second hand and needs to just prove its the right one from the myriad of motor options out there!! I'll post the part no later.

The sole remaining 6mm bolt at the back came undone and I dropped it down back of fan, never to be seen again. Great start 😆  so I need two of these now.

The motor key fit and it moved the flaps when I pressed my hand on it to hold it onto the cogs.

Sadly that rear 6mm bolt was there because you can't  get to it when the motors in position! So the whole air intake fan unit has to come out to refit the motor. 

If this proves possible I may bite the bullet and buy a new one from akoda, £175!!!! Second hand cost me £15 so maybe I'll buy a few..more now I know which one and see if any sound stronger....

What a nasty little job just because the angle of the motor! 

Finally got it sorted.  the rear screw you have no chance of fitting so I fitted the top bolt and clicked the lower one into its holder, seems to work okay and tight.

To fit the rear screw you would need to take the vent off the top of the fan housing, i tried but couldn't work it out. 

In the photo you can see how tight it is just to reach top 6mm bolt! 

All back together now and working fine. £15 job 

While I was down there I notice this disturbing clip for side panel actual resting on the air con\water pipe! Rubbing through. So I popped some cardboard between.

20231021_102814.jpg

20231021_103055.jpg

20231021_102832.jpg

20231021_104903.jpg

20231021_104900.jpg