Tow bar fitting in 2023?

Hi,

Looking at options to install a detachable tow bar to my Superb mk3 estate.  The car did not come with the tow pack harness (to my knowledge) according to the build sheet.  Where and how much is the going rate for the detachable tow bar with electrics install?

Thanks

Edited by MrRich

I had a detachable towbar fitted 5 years ago with Vehicle specific wiring and it was around £500 so i imagine up to around £1000 now.

Universal wiring is cheaper but i personally prefer VSW

That was 13 pin electrics

I used Indespension  https://towbars.indespension.com/   I think these need details to ring you back.

they may have a branch near you.

Another recommended place would be Towsure  they deliver to your house and then arrange fitment from a mobile fitter. if you look here you will get an idea of price without contact

https://www.towsure.com/towbars

Whatever options you choose there i think the Indespension company would beat the towsure one on price

If planning on towing (instead of bike transport) then definitely get factory wiring and coding if you can. It integrates with the stability system and alters the way the car responds under extreme moves. Big safety plus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkyG82 said:

If planning on towing (instead of bike transport) then definitely get factory wiring and coding if you can. It integrates with the stability system and alters the way the car responds under extreme moves. Big safety plus.

With my car (A Ford not a Skoda) having the dedicated wiring meant i also don't have that annoying extra lamp or buzzy thing to let me know the trailer is indicating. The cars bulb monitoring system tells me which bulb is out on the trailer.

• Like 1

No harm to get a quote from your local Skoda dealership as well.  The foldaway Skoda towbar is a tidy job.

Wherever you go, consider getting a detachable/foldaway towbar - they're much neater and save you from cracking your shins off the towball when it's not in use.  The Indespension detachable swan neck looks like a Westfalia towbar.  They're very neat with the only drawback being that you need to store/carry around the towball when not in use.  You need to make sure that you don't lose the key as well....

From recent quotes for our Kodiaq a swan neck detachable with 13 pin electrics fully fitted should be about £750 to £800 all in.

I also got a quote for an OE Skoda foldaway fitted by an independent and that was over £1000.

Edited by skomaz