2010 yeti refurb

Morgan88yeti

Back again for some advice. 2010 elegance 4x4 2LD she is a bit old and tatty but looking to bring here back. So looking for upgraded brake callipers size that will fit front and back, bigger turbo if possible. looking to gain some more bhp so any ideas welcome.  She has been remapped for a while and that was great. Getting a paint job just want to keep her going. 183 odd thousand on the clock. I keep up with all the service that needs doing so running wise sound. I will post before and afters as I progress. like I said any ideas welcome. 

Did it start life as a 110 / 140 / 170?   If it wasn't a 170, then an upgrade to 312 mm discs is easy using Mk5 or Mk6 Golf GTI / GT TDI caliper carriers and 312mm discs.  

If you want more then you're probably looking at a Brembo 4 pot conversion.   Again for the rear, there were 3 size of discs, from memory so. it would just be matter of changing them and the caliper carriers.

For uprated turbo you might want to get some ideas from Darkside Developments.  Closer to home, there's MV Turbos in Kinross.  He's been doing turbos longer than anyone I know and seems like a good guy. 

HTH

12 hours ago, Schtum said:

Did it start life as a 110 / 140 / 170?   If it wasn't a 170, then an upgrade to 312 mm discs is easy using Mk5 or Mk6 Golf GTI / GT TDI caliper carriers and 312mm discs.  

Not so in my case as I have the smaller diameter struts and steering knuckles that dont have the removeable caliper carriers and the calipers are different, mine was a 110HP version, I think it has 280mm and not 288mm discs, the brakes really lack feel.

I bought second hand calipers, carriers and discs before finding out the issue, I cannot believe how heavy they are 😒

Edited by J.R.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Not so in my case as I have the smaller diameter struts and steering knuckles that dont have the removeable caliper carriers and the calipers are different, mine was a 110HP version, I think it has 280mm and not 288mm discs, the brakes really lack feel.

I bought second hand calipers, carriers and discs before finding out the issue, I cannot believe how heavy they are 😒

Ahh yes, good point.  This will only work with 55mm struts.  Mind you, why would anyone buy a 110 PS version in the first place....? :D 

Because it was very very cheap and I cannot resist a rebuild project, with a remap it goes like the wind.

Also the cost of registration and insurance is massively lower in my country for lower fiscale HP rated versions.

I didn't even realise it was 4x4, both that and the low power rating were later to become real positives, my gut feeling proved correct.